Xterra 705 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
Hi Guys
Took the missus and kids to the park for a bbq lunch today....The park just happened to be right near the little beach ive been working lately.. :eek: :lol: :p ..so had to go for a quick swing...Started working the gutters... as i only had about half an hour to get a swing in before the missus turned savage :eek: :mad: :mad: :eek: Got a 2c and a $1coin...and the little https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../1493618688_20170501_152000-600x800.jpgbandit picked up a sunbaker 1921 penny...He recons he dont need a detector :Y: :D 8) https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...89/1493618704_20170501_152215-600x800.jpgtill next weekend guys stay safe...and happy hunting :N: :lol:
:lol: :lol: A quick swing while the wife cooked the snags :lol: :lol: :Y:
How deep was the penny?

B5MECH said:
Smoky bandit said:
Hi Guys
Took the missus and kids to the park for a bbq lunch today....The park just happened to be right near the little beach ive been working lately.. :eek: :lol: :p ..so had to go for a quick swing...Started working the gutters... as i only had about half an hour to get a swing in before the missus turned savage :eek: :mad: :mad: :eek: Got a 2c and a $1coin...and the little https://www.prospectingaustralia.co.../1493618688_20170501_152000-600x800.jpgbandit picked up a sunbaker 1921 penny...He recons he dont need a detector :Y: :D 8) https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...89/1493618704_20170501_152215-600x800.jpgtill next weekend guys stay safe...and happy hunting :N: :lol:
:lol: :lol: A quick swing while the wife cooked the snags :lol: :lol: :Y:
How deep was the penny?
Was a Sunbaker B5...There was a dozen people on the beach....most would of walked straight over it.....But the young bloke spotted the green coin within minutes of getting there :Y: He even knew it was a penny by the bits of copper showing through :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
silver said:
Listen to your Misus Smokey ,... you'll do well to keep the peace mate !
Me too. :Y: :p :Y:
Happy wife...
Happy life...hey Silver :Y: :lol:
Still payin here for not listening ,.... trying hard to listen ,... detecting still getting in the way of listening ,... trying to detect with gammy leg (that's limiting in itself) (but not enough apparently) ,..... I could stop altogether (but, it is an addiction) ,.... gets very tiring trying to keep Missus happy and detect at the same time (Missus & addiction equally ballanced in pressure) ,.... I'm trying to let Missus win, but everything is not enough.
This is where it goes if you don't listen and put the balance totally in the Missus's favour early in the picture ,.... now I must give it a "lay me down to rest" in order to fathom the proper way forward (it's just soo bl00dee hard to stop finding silvers) ,.... and that's the addiction right there, that n the hope of that special score that could what ? (sit in a bag in the cupboard till I succumb to my addiction in the field).
Missus, is always gunna be right, and not a force to be triffled with at all. ;)

silver said:
Smoky bandit said:
silver said:
Happy wife...
Still payin here for not listening ,.... trying hard to listen ,... detecting still getting in the way of listening ,... trying to detect with gammy leg (that's limiting in itself) (but not enough apparently) ,..... I could stop altogether (but, it is an addiction) ,.... gets very tiring trying to keep Missus happy and detect at the same time (Missus & addiction equally ballanced in pressure) ,.... I'm trying to let Missus win, but everything is not enough.
This is where it goes if you don't listen and put the balance totally in the Missus's favour early in the picture ,.... now I must give it a "lay me down to rest" in order to fathom the proper way forward (it's just soo bl00dee hard to stop finding silvers) ,.... and that's the addiction right there, that n the hope of that special score that could what ? (sit in a bag in the cupboard till I succumb to my addiction in the field).
Missus, is always gunna be right, and not a force to be triffled with at all. ;)
Thats why i usually get up and start my hunts around 2am....Im home before she even wakes ..Then i wake her with breakfast in bed..That way i gain a few brownie points for the next hunt...Also helps keep a healthy balance between me ...my wife..and my girlfriend the xterra :eek: :p :p

Smoky bandit said:
silver said:
Smoky bandit said:
silver said:
Happy wife...
Thats why i usually get up and start my hunts around 2am....Im home before she even wakes ..Then i wake her with breakfast in bed..That way i gain a few brownie points for the next hunt...Also helps keep a healthy balance between me ...my wife..and my girlfriend the xterra :eek: :p :p
I tried a long stint like that once, up and out the door digging at around 4am, back home to do the breakfasts and school run, but was caught out a lot falling asleep, now, I just don't sleep much anyway (without all the great detecting that could have been) ,.... wish I had time to myself to sleep, but, that's just being greedy I suppose (ha) ,.... I'd like to be able to say life gets in the way of some great detecting adventures, but life is life, n, ya just gotta roll with the flow and live it ,..... gee, lookin like I'm ranting a little bit now ,.... but, it's all truth, n all from the heart ,.... us detecting family menfolk walk a fine line of many threads, any one of which could break and make us stumble or fall. :) ;) :rolleyes: :p

roy cobb said:
Are you ok silver
Yeah roy, all good, just lamenting not being able to do what I want when I want versus doing the right thing because I know it's right and I have too anyway ,.... a quandry of sorts bordering on a double bind (depending of course on how you look at it) ,.... I just need to take a big breath whilst pulling my socks up and stepping up to the tasks at hand in order to alleviate my future sufferance, you know, the old get your house in order type stuff, I think I've too many wishful projects on the books that need to be culled in order to bring ballance to that near double bind ,.... it is after all, just a state of mind, but ,.... I, will be and am aok as I step forward, nothing a little forebearance and mirth can't help with in the negotiating of the path. :Y:

Sounds like you need a day detecting Some Silver.....Silver...Take it easy out there mate... one step at a time :Y: :lol: :p :eek: :Y: :party: :rainbow: O:)

Smoky bandit said:
Sounds like you need a day detecting Some Silver.....Silver...Take it easy out there mate... one step at a time :Y: :lol: :p :eek: :Y: :party: :rainbow: O:)
Thanks Smokey. :Y:
Skakey steps, one after the other then.
maybe I need a five step plan to silver.
step 1: make time
step 2: make time
step 3: make time
step 4: make time
step 5: go out and pick up the silver ! :Y:
don't really need all day, 1/2 hour is ok for a find ,... quit after the first find if it is silver.
But probs a good day puttin up my feet n sleeping if need be would be better ,.... after the housework of course. :lol:

Hi Guys
Someone once told me i cant have cake with jam and cream everyday :lol: .......Well ive been eating plain sponge cake for a while now...So Looking forward to some cream and jam :Y: todays terrible result....But it was still fun :Y:
1494020408_20170506_071135-600x800.jpg

Latest posts