X-terra 305 & CTX 3030 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Nice one, a soak in citric acid or lemon juice will help eat that crud off. Then another bi carb rub.

Great, thanks mate will go soak it now for the night. Almost mistaked it for my 2763th 2 cent coin being a 12.44-12.45 but the sound and tone told me to dig a little more carefully this time :)

silver said:
Well found mate.... first florrie ! :p
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Thanks mate :Y:

Didn't think I'd find one, especially not close to home in the most unlikely spot. Traveled up to 2-3 hours away hoping to find one and it literally turns up on my door step.

It's a beautiful coin to hold.

Went on a solo hunt today as 1968xt was away in the GT all easter getting his Gold fix. Returned to some local areas which have paid out over the last 2 months and concentrated on areas around the edges and places that were skimmed over. There has been a few markets and car shows of late which seem to help also.

Ran a very tight discrimination pattern on the CTX. Ran a very low volume gain of 5-10 also. High Trash/Fast.

3 sites over about 4 hours. $29, $25 & $25ish...call it $80.

1522665629_smartselectimage_2018-04-02-19-36-08.jpg

Eldorado said:
Profitable hunt Detectorist,$20 an hour.Just wondering what the 8th coin across from the right in this photo is.It has a different pattern on the rim to the $2 coins.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5682/1522668081_image.jpg

Yes it was, even had a smoko break and lunch. Plus drove around. Lucky being easter it was quite and had the areas to myself for once. Its usally busy, so I took the chance to really get around areas which have high traffic and benches etc.

That was a 10 cent Euro....mid 2000s I think (dropped it into my coin bundle and can't find it atm).

$80 is a great hunt, well done. Great running those tight patterns on goldies, makes it a lot easier than listening to all the trash. :Y:

Heatho said:
$80 is a great hunt, well done. Great running those tight patterns on goldies, makes it a lot easier than listening to all the trash. :Y:

True, these areas are littered with trash and foil. However I will go over the area with a different pattern as I have done in the past to collect any 5,10,20,50c.

Then if I'm really felling it, check over again with all coins out and dig anything.

Do you ever give your CTX a factory reset? I'm not having any issues but thought it might be good practice to do one every now and then.

Detectorist said:
Heatho said:

Do you ever give your CTX a factory reset? I'm not having any issues but thought it might be good practice to do one every now and then.

No, not for a long time, hasn't needed it. :Y:

It's a bit like that when you fist start detecting in an area where not many others do, treasure everywhere at first, then it starts to dwindle and you find yourself going further and further for new spots until the others replenish.

Went away for a few days and just stopped where ever looked good along the way. Mainly country towns and larger regional cities.

About $130 and a small silver ring. No pre-decimals which was a little surprising as some of the areas seemed ideal for them.

Hit the beach for the first time in a long time. Not a tourist area so didn't find much but was amazing backdrop.

1523600354_smartselectimage_2018-04-13-16-12-49.jpg

1523600564_smartselectimage_2018-04-13-16-20-01.jpg

1523600620_smartselectimage_2018-04-13-16-20-52.jpg

1523600738_smartselectimage_2018-04-13-16-20-37.jpg

Goldies , Goldies & more Goldies

Some places take a looooong time to replenish .

Make hay while the sun shines ..!!

If you find $1 around 1984 - 1990 & $2 1988 - 1995
it can give you an idea how long they have been there , hence possibly not seen a detector ..?

Ive had my CTX for 4 years only reset twice , but I have had a replacement screen about 14 months ago .

Well done on your first Florin :D

Trash said:
Goldies , Goldies & more Goldies

Some places take a looooong time to replenish .

Make hay while the sun shines ..!!

If you find $1 around 1984 - 1990 & $2 1988 - 1995
it can give you an idea how long they have been there , hence possibly not seen a detector ..?

Ive had my CTX for 4 years only reset twice , but I have had a replacement screen about 14 months ago .

Well done on your first Florin :D

Yes that's a good point, I usually know that's the case to when I get the 1 & 2 cent coins. The CTX seems to love them :mad:

I might do a reset to clean up some of the programs as I have been mucking around with the settings learning the machine.

Latest posts