"Wireless SDC2300" acheived !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
Ever since I purchased my SDC I have been wanting to make it a wireless unit as I enjoy the freedom of no cables on my SD2200d by using a "Little Ripper" system.
So with numerous questions on forums & checking out anything along these lines, I finally found some info online, so armed with a bit of info I went down to "Jaycar" & hey presto they had what I needed.
I purchased 1x "Bluetooth Transmitter (which can receive also) & 1x "Bluetooth receiver, an adapter plug & adapter lead.

I connected it up yesterday when I got home & gave it a test run & it works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Very Happy" ATM I use under-chin ear-buds but my next mission is to set up a booster with dual speakers.
Here is a few pics of the parts I bought, the larger item is the Transmitter, they are USB chargeable with 8 to 6 hrs run time.

this one shows the packaging so you know what to look for if your interested.
cheers
Lee

gedanate said:
How much, all up?

The 2 Bluetooth units cost $107 all up with a few more $$ for cable & adapter, you could most likely get it cheaper online but, Jaycar said I had a week to return it if it did not do the job I wanted, so I was happy with that.
cheers
Lee

Thanks for doing all the hard yards Lee.
Have you run it through its paces yet. Any delay in transmission to and fro ?
Could you post a pic showing how you have it attached to the SDC pls.
Once again....good on ya mate !!
Cheers
ChrisM

ChrisM said:
Thanks for doing all the hard yards Lee.
Have you run it through its paces yet. Any delay in transmission to and fro ?
Could you post a pic showing how you have it attached to the SDC pls.
Once again....good on ya mate !!
Cheers
ChrisM

Chris
I gave it a 10min test when I got home, very happy with it & no Delay that I can pick up with my ear to eye co-ordination, I have not got it all mounted as such yet, but I will take a photo of the components all connected to the SDC so you can have a look, just bare with me!

I will be making 2 small pouches out of wetsuit material to house & protect the 2 units.
cheers
Lee

Hi All
Here are a few pics showing the components & how it will be set up,
this one is a shot of it all laid out.

this one shows the RX unit with the 3.5mm x 6mm (Black & orange bit) plugged into the it, the speaker is for example only.

Here is the connection showing the patch lead ( Phasetech lead) with the end of the 6mm to 3.5mm lead plugged into it.

I have tucked the 2m long lead down the side of the control box this is about where I will put the TX unit.

it will be held in place by the flap on the box cover.

cheers
Lee

rc62burke said:
Hi All
Here are a few pics showing the components & how it will be set up,
this one is a shot of it all laid out.
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/rc62burke/DSCF3889_zpsmjhsmwyh.jpg

this one shows the RX unit with the 3.5mm x 6mm (Black & orange bit) plugged into the it, the speaker is for example only.
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/rc62burke/DSCF3890_zpspg630nyc.jpg

Here is the connection showing the patch lead ( Phasetech lead) with the end of the 6mm to 3.5mm lead plugged into it.
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/rc62burke/DSCF3893_zpsmcprur6k.jpg

I have tucked the 2m long lead down the side of the control box this is about where I will put the TX unit.
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/rc62burke/DSCF3894_zpsmphujekb.jpg
it will be held in place by the flap on the box cover.
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/rc62burke/DSCF3896_zpsuraxeb1b.jpg
cheers
Lee

Thanks for that Lee It looks really promising.
Do you think that if you were to convert the speaker lead [or dual speaker set] jack end from a 6mm to a standard 3.5mm jack you could eliminate the adapter completely and minimize any chance of speaker drop-out due to eventual wear and tear in the connections ??.
Im thinking a drive to J-car this weekend is a must.
Cheers mate
ChrisM

Hi Chris
Yes mate, it would of benefit to eliminate any unnecessary joins.

BTW I did not get the adapter lead (3.5 to 6mm lead) from Jaycar, I had to go to a Guitar shop.
cheers
Lee

you have done very well !

those that are a tad more frugal with cash could try an FM transmitter

1424843945_p1010249.jpg

1424843879_p1010225.jpg

Doctor said:

Thanks Doc
Yeah I don't like to spend cash freely, but I went this way due to being able to take it back if it was not what was going to work for me.

Can you give us a bit more explanation on your set up? I see you run a speaker on the unit & wireless ? 2 different sound sources how does that go?
$??? cheap FM transmitter conected to a $800 phone?? cheap set up mate :) :cool:
I dont even own a smart phone yet (cheap arse hey)
cheers
Lee

Doctor said:
rc62burke said:
Doctor said:
i will soon have enough Dickie amp/boosters to sell :cool:

if any one is keen

More info please!!!!
Cheers
Lee

am i building these

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzo3-Y5JNEg[/video]

when gen II is ready i shall let you know

Doc
Interesting!!!! how long till you have something to field test ??? the current stuff is a little overpriced & prone to issues from what I have heard.
cheers
Lee

rc62burke said:
Doctor said:

Thanks Doc
Yeah I don't like to spend cash freely, but I went this way due to being able to take it back if it was not what was going to work for me.

Can you give us a bit more explanation on your set up? I see you run a speaker on the unit & wireless ? 2 different sound sources how does that go?
$??? cheap FM transmitter conected to a $800 phone?? cheap set up mate :) :cool:
cheers
Lee
currently i run to output leads , one for the Dickie booster and the other for the transmitter, worx really well
GenII will be fully self contained with no battery for the amp as it will power from the ML battery , and will have a switched output to turn the amp off (both power and audio) and to supply audio to the transmitter

an crickey don't tell the missus what the phone cost ;) :8

rc62burke said:
Doctor said:
rc62burke said:
Doctor said:
i will soon have enough Dickie amp/boosters to sell :cool:

if any one is keen

More info please!!!!
Cheers
Lee

am i building these

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzo3-Y5JNEg[/video]

when gen II is ready i shall let you know

Doc
Interesting!!!! how long till you have something to field test ??? the current stuff is a little overpriced & prone to issues from what I have heard.
cheers
Lee
that unit has been field tested extensively and worx very well

WP_20141215_002.jpg

WP_20141215_006.jpg

the audio in the vid from hillend i posted is the audio quality

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JNsE7uu1gI[/video]

Doctor said:
rc62burke said:
Doctor said:

Thanks Doc

cheers
Lee
currently i run to output leads , one for the Dickie booster and the other for the transmitter, worx really well
GenII will be fully self contained with no battery for the amp as it will power from the ML battery , and will have a switched output to turn the amp off (both power and audio) and to supply audio to the transmitter

an crickey don't tell the missus what the phone cost ;) :8

Hey Doc
Mate I would be interested in a unit that has an internal battery to use at the recieve end of the wireless system as it has to provide its own power & power a speaker or 2.
Or I could possibly make up a small power pack to do this????????
cheers
Lee

genI would be the go for you !

the 2300 only has a head phone plug that goes in ????

everything after the detector is optional yeah ????

Latest posts