Winter

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it helps being a newbie as the enthusiam tends to dampen the pain of the cold. My mate Dave and I headed off at 5.30am Saturday morning and saw several vehicles come off the Calder on the black ice. We eventually arrived at 7.00am and could barely feel our hands as we prepared for a bit of swinging in minus 3 temps. Spent the day having fun but returned yet to find our first piece of yellow. Did however find a Chinese coin and a English threepence which gives us hope to press on :)
1407195608_photo.jpg

loamer said:
dwt - very, very nice - almost poetic. your list is a keeper.

Bendigo winter 1850s - struggling with a repressive, over taxing Government, toiling under a foreign flag, answering to unrepresentative Spring Street flog-bags. Working men toil for very little gain in order to line the pockets of exploitive capitalists, and your kids will have no chance to attend Uni as it costs too much. You can't afford to heat your home -its too expensive and all the previously free timber is now owned and controlled by the same exploitive capitalists to 'prop' up their businesses. People are complaining about the damage done to creeks by diggers.

Bendigo winter 2014 - ditto.

And what has changed since then? Sounds like you are describing 2014.
Karl

Latest posts