Wild animals approaching you (with their babies)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1434435491_img_4134.jpg

This was pretty cool. I was allowed close but not too close and with a watchful eye on me. :) :)

I hear you Meta. A workmate of mine got covered by those ants in Norseman and he came up in huge welts all over. If I see one when pizzing I acknowledge that fact.

Ramjet told me, that he is sometimes stalked by chickens, whilst he's detecting. No joke! I have never seen them though.

PabloP said:
rocketaroo said:
Ramjet told me, that he is sometimes stalked by chickens, whilst he's detecting. No joke! I have never seen them though.

He's not talking about you is he??

Rob.

No way mate, I am an eagle soaring high above, ready to swoop down, to pluck his gold, and silver finds :) Florin finger beware! Lol

Silliness aside, he was serious, ask him about the maitland chickens.

At the right time around Hargreaves the is always a big wild mums pig with some spotted /striped colourful piglets

nuggetino said:
Beautiful pics. Perhaps mother duck has lost some of it's natural instincts. Ducklings in the middle of winter is unusual

Cheers nuggetino,
I took the snaps a while ago and it was in early Summer, but agree that if I saw that in Winter I would think that the world was finally, well and truly mixed up ha ha :lol:

Cheers,
Billy.

Billy said:
I thought I would share a few photo's (apologies for crappy phone) of a mother duck and her young coming literally right to my feet whilst panning at one of my local haunts.
Having lived most of my life in the bush I can't remember another time when a wild animal was so unconcerned by my presence that it would bring its young anywhere near me.

That mother duck is no fool. It's quite likely that she's smart enough to have worked out that wherever you're working is going to be a fox-free, feral cat-free and snake-free zone for as long as you're there and she views you as a lesser threat to her babies' welfare than these predators.

Varts said:
At the right time around Hargreaves the is always a big wild mums pig with some spotted /striped colourful piglets

I rate the wild sow with young as one of the most dangerous animals out bush Varts.
Luckily they can't climb trees hey! :eek:
A word of warning to anyone who thinks that grabbing one of the piglets is a good idea........DON'T!!!! :rolleyes:
They may be cute but their Mum ain't! :D

Cheers,
Billy.

grubstake said:
Billy said:
I thought I would share a few photo's (apologies for crappy phone) of a mother duck and her young coming literally right to my feet whilst panning at one of my local haunts.
Having lived most of my life in the bush I can't remember another time when a wild animal was so unconcerned by my presence that it would bring its young anywhere near me.

That mother duck is no fool. It's quite likely that she's smart enough to have worked out that wherever you're working is going to be a fox-free, feral cat-free and snake-free zone for as long as you're there and she views you as a lesser threat to her babies' welfare than these predators.

Yep Grubs,I reckon that would be a fair part of it.
Can't fool ol Mother Nature hey! ;)
We are privileged to be able to enjoy this sort of thing while going about our chosen activities I reckon.

Cheers,
Billy.

Latest posts