Why this is this is the BEST SITE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeap fantastic site, great sharing and caring. I love the honesty and pisitivity of the members and everyones willingness to help each other out. Answers tonearly every question posed and some fun threads also.. many a good chuckle from some of the stories. Great work Nugget and kudos to the regular contributors

Cheers, Tone

I Agree with this site being the best. Although Alluvialgoldprospectors was a great site and had plenty of info. But the people here are much easier to talk to. There are still some good people on there though. I did all my "what detector" questions on that site and got some good friendly answers. Thanks to mbasko and a few others. They are still a ok for a read from time to time. When a topic goes sour like that I don't even bother reading.

Greg

I think the necklace suits him lol ;) . All I can say about this forum as a novice is, that everyone I have met be it newbies or old hands either in person or on the forum, not one has been a pretender or considered themselves better than the other. The advice and knowledge I have gained is priceless. They even let you claim jump LOL :D . This is a fantastic forum and Nugget has done a fantastic job, so please lets keep it that way.
Thats my two bobs worth.
Cheers Dozer :) :)

Hay Guys,
I agree with all the comments about this forum and the way everyone is so helpful and friendly. And a big thanks to Nugget for getting it going.

I am a member of AGP as well and have been for the last couple of years and it used to be the same as this site is now. They had a live chat room on a Tuesday night where everyone would jump on and chat, it was very social.

Then a member publicly vilified someone we all know here and it all turned to SHYT. The vilified person vowed never to return and to my knowledge has never been back there. I applaud him for that.
It was a great loss to the forum as this member is very knowledgeable and prolific with his posts.

Everyone got sick of it in the end, the forum went very quiet so they came here to start afresh.

I think the moderators should have shut the lid on the post before it got out of hand as it did and it looks like it's happening again to the Flying Scott.

Someone should send him a PM and invite him over. He sounds like a knowledgeable chap.

Anyway that's my 2c worth, let's not have it happen here!

Cheers
Mick

Forums take on their own vibe after a while, best to keep it positive. Nugget has the right vibe happening here, very well moderated. Also a forum would be totally empty without a great bunch of members. Well done Nugget and fellow members. The more experienced members who share their techniques and info are real champions, I agree with Mick, Flying Scott would be very welcome here.

I think either Admin or a mod was involved in hammering that member. I remember it was along the lines of accusing him of not back filling or something. I read that crap and think wow. I seen the same crap happening to Flying Scott and posted what I thought but nope the self appointed forum heros just continue hammering away. Im just thankful I got a pm telling me of this site. I met a few of the guys from AGP and they seemed nice, funny its not really that friendly now.

If you guys know of anyone else (only the decent guys) after a new place to chat about prospecting without having to deal with all the usual BS, we'd be happy to welcome them here.

Nugget.

The thanks to Pauly is for his post on that forum.
Only been here a couple of hours and already looks to be the pick, I'm a member of other forums, tho not a large poster as I'm new and researching/learning.
I remember from an early age - "If you don't have anything nice to say to someone, DON'T SAY ANYTHING!"

I really enjoy this forum. I gave prospecting forums a break for about 6 years or so and then a mate put me onto this one. From what I can tell so far, it runs like a forum should run. My hats off to the Administrator/s and to the members that keep it this way.
Well done and Thank You.

Latest posts