Why are you called that?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramjet said:
Anolphart said:
Ramjet said:
My initials are RR so Roger Ramjet is a nickname I had as a boy. Comes complete with a handy avatar. :D

But why is Roger ... er, how can I put this delicately ... "touching the frog"? Aren't there laws against that sort of thing?

"Touch the frog" is a quote from an Adams Hills stand up comedy routine. It has a great story behind it.

WARNING: Language

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/G4bh7bsqebc[/video]
That is fuuuunny as ! :Y:

Anolphart said:
... coz I am.
I have to confess, I was reading your name incorrectly and thought it meant something completely different.
I was reading it Anol, never mind the spelling and phart meaning Bum Fart.
I must apologise and am very glad that's been cleared up now, hope ther'e's no follow through. :lol: :8 :eek: :eek:
God I laughed when I read it properly.

Flowerpot said:
Anolphart said:
... coz I am.
I have to confess, I was reading your name incorrectly and thought it meant something completely different.
I was reading it Anol, never mind the spelling and phart meaning Bum Fart.
I must apologise and am very glad that's been cleared up now, hope ther'e's no follow through. :lol: :8 :eek: :eek:
God I laughed when I read it properly.

No follow through, well none that I'll admit to anyway!

I built up a 4WD to head across to the WA goldfields to find my fortunes many years ago. Of course it didn't happen !!!!
The 4WD was called Gold Truck christened by my son when he laser cut that name and put it on my rocktamers.
The 59 is my birth year. So its Gold Truck 59 or GT for short as I have been known on this forum since 2013.
So OLDGT you will have to wait until I cark it or something. !!!!!! LOL
There was another member who tried to use GT but has left the forum in a huff awhile ago.

My other nick name is Big Bopper because I play guitar and sing in a band or have done for over 40 years and Im a fat bastard. My mates call me Bop for short.

GT :)

When I lived in Sydney some years ago many of my friends were calling me to help them with their computer problems. At times I felt like a real workhorse with no time to myself. One day I read about the centaur (half man/half horse) Chiron who taught Greek heroes such as Jason - of the Argonauts fame. Seemed to fit me at the time. 52 is the year I was born.

reefer!...like the one's you roll up and smoke! :eek: ...and...the term my old pop used when speaking of the guys who who dug tunnels through rocks in search of Gold Reefs!
I will deny the one and admit to the other! ]:D

Shoot this a good thread, and brought up many memories!!!
Me....wow,I was called Knocker, or Chalky in the Navy back in Ol' Blighty...

Over here, as a sort of 'up yours' to society and short hair cuts, I started to grow my hair long...
Uni, Tech, all that stuff goes by and there's a pub I go to quite often. (Dunno if its there any more? The Ringwood Hotel, Maroondah hwy)
Anyway, I was quite good at 8-ball, and played in the league.

Well, 'coz I had long hair, my name is Simon, my team mates used to call out and barrack, "C'mon Simone, you can do it" etc...
There was another bloke in the pub one time, I didnt know him, he was blind, blind, pissed, trashed.... Ken was his name, he came up and said "Good game brother, good one Simmo"...
After that...everyone started calling me Simmo...

Ol'mate Ken and me are best mates to this day, but he lives down in Billo somewhere, and I'm up here!

Latest posts