who wants gold ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madworld

Sam
Reaction score
Ok so to keep with the spirit of the services offered thread im offering myself, 32 yr old jack of all trades master of none, chasing work. Willing to give anything a go but feel most comfortable in a shed working with power tools, metal fab, last 10 years has been trades assistant in coach building , engineering business es and that type of thing, before that i was in hospitality but prefer not to go back there.

Where does the gold come into it ? Well simply if you give me a paying job, 38 or more hours a week every week, in 3 months i will give you a 1/2 oz of gold or $750 cold hard cash . better yet, if someone out there has the ability to sign me on an apprenticeship in either motor body building or a fabrication based engineering trade ( toolmaker etc) i will give you 1 oz of gold or $1500 cash after the same period. Doesnt matter to me if its your business or you just put a hard word on your boss, and for the right work i will go australia wide, although would prefer east coast se qld northern nsw to start.

Last few months have been rough for me having taken kicks from left right and centre and i put all my eggs in one basket which today came to a crashing halt and im about as close to down and out as one would like to admit. Not keen on signing up to centrelink but if i dont find something very very soon that looks to be my fate.

Pm me if you need any private details or have something in mind

I can't help you with a job unfortunately madworld, but i certainly admire your determination and willingness to put yourself out there. I wish you the best of luck mate. I hope it ll turns around for you. Again, best of luck.

Thanks scrounger. Was a tough call putting this thread up as i dont like to admit that im struggling at the best of times, but i realised i had 2 options, try some direct marketing approaches or sign up for the dole. The doles a dead end street from what i have seen and i really do enjoy working so hopefully something pans out for me .. as im looking at it things cant get any worse so can only turn around from here

I can't put myself in your shoes mate, but let me tell you that about 7 years ago at the age of 55 i lost virtually everything i owned, including all my super, and i was facing bankruptcy. A year before that happened i actually went onto the dole for the first time in my life (after never being out of work since i was 15 years old) and the shame i felt at being reduced to asking for help was immense. It drove me to take on work that i never thought i could do. More power to you for having a go. Again, good luck and chin up, you've obviously got the determination to turn it around and not let it beat you down.

You should sign up for jobs where they send you emails every day for job vacancies. You can even do that for local jobs too.
Try that. By the way, which area are you from a that helps.

With that sort of attitude madworld it won't be long until things turn the right way for you and sounds to me the good luck will have gone to the people who actually employ you.

Cheers

Rocketaroo, im looking at that at the moment, but thats more of a sideline business, i really need some regular money coming in. Great idea though and if you want something in particular made let me know.

Uncle bob, i am registered on indeed and seek and have applied for a mountain of jobs but as i said i need to get back on my feet asap so am trying as many avenues as possible, this is just one of my attempts, possibly not the best way to do it but im trying everything.

Thanks bacchus, i know i would be an asset to any company that gives me a chance, hard part is getting your foot in the door

Also to clear a couple of things up, the reason i said 3 months before i pay you is not so i can work 11 weeks then quit, in fact if someone takes me up on this offer and i do quit (not going to happen) i will still honour my deal even if its after 1 hour, the 3 months is to cover me from someone getting their mate to verbally give me a job, grabbing their finders fee and me getting the arse before i even start work.

I can provide contacts for phone or email references from past employers and people i have performed contract work for that will attest to my work ethics, punctuality and business loyalty

I am currently living near Lismore far northern nsw near the qld border, so work anywhere from brisbane to grafton and out to tenterfield would be ideal, but will happily go anywhere in qld, nsw , act or vic.

Failing that by the end of the week i will be keen to go oz wide. Honestly, if you have something available in nicaragua or nigeria, let me know i might be up for it

I had zero job prospects, outside of driving cabs again......yuk.
So I went to tafe, and now have a good job. Education opens doors :)

If i dont find an apprenticeship, i will be doing tafe while working but dont like the idea of living on a student income alone. Heck i would almost drive cabs

Try this mate (getting harder in this day and age)
Select the place you want to be.
Go to the bloke at the top if you can.
Tell him you won't miss a day you don't have to in the next year.
Tell him you will do the first two days for free then start paying you.

Twice in my life coming off illness I was out of work for a period and no prospects twice this got me a job for longer than 12 months. The trick is finding the place you want to work and keeping your word.

If it helps anyone , i have my Light rigid truck license, forklift ticket and 20 yrs experience, we have always had our own .. senior first aid, blue and yellow traffic control, blue card, white card, deckhand certificate and a few yrs part time experience fishing and dredging, cert II in conservation land management, chemcert, chainsaw experience and can operate bobcat and excavator for basic excavations, not final trim etc and most other powered machinery but not ticketed.

Will consider anything but would be ideal in a fabrication, installation or manufacturing scenario.

Last thing i made, close to 20 hrs from scratch, no plans just made up as i went , with only an angle grinder and 170 amp mig.

1446461693_cam00192.jpg

1446461902_cam00196.jpg

Goldtarget, i have tried exactly that seems most places wont listen to you unless your talking to HR and they just give me the usual "please see our website for vacancies" . If i can find a small company with plenty of work i might be able to pull that off but coming into christmas i guess a lot of people go quiet. Offered to work every monday and friday for free at one place locally and got laughed at,"what sort of d@#khead works for free" got another place locally who have been great, dont have enough work to put me on but actually threw me some fab work they were to busy to do themself and let me use their gear to do it, wasnt a big earner but its the thought that counts and now they have seen what i can do

Your right mate it's getting tough. It's your target place that's the trick. I got container loading work (tough gig) then started in a metals yard the time after.

Pity your not a bit closer mate always happy to help someone out where I can, I know that feeling when you just want to work have skills and can't seem to launch. That regular income makes all the difference in the world.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts