Whites SPP information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a big NF fan and mate, we trialled these things to death. I am also going to have a go at a detech 8" up from Stinky Petes at Daisy Hill. (Detech at Talbot in other words). Heard and read some good reviews and to be fair, i have not had a crack with one yet. As always i finish with the proviso I do not work or have anything to do with any manufacturer.

Hi. Homebrewer. When I bought my spp on Saturday I also got a 12x7 solid nuggetfinder coil. Supposed to be a killer on very small nuggets. Tried it on a tiny piece. Seems quite sensitive. I've always liked NF coils. As to the Discrim Mod. As I said before From what I can see the conductivity switch is the key to making it work.

The 12" coil will be great on everything but small gold so an additional coil would benefit on tiny gold I'd be looking at a Sadie or 6" goldstalker
In regards to the conductivity switch ' I wouldn't call it a mod because you are just adding what the Tdi SL has that the SPP does not
As soon as I see inside a TDI sl to make sure it's the same as the TDI pro Ill be happy to say the switch can be added easy by just copying of a TDI pro, but what other problems might develop after the switch is added that I don't know.
Once I know for sure it can be done I'll let you know.

I own the 8" Detech and if I was buying an SPP that coil would not be removed from the SPP.

Its rugged, has a 45 degree bevel edge, the shaft connectors are strong and thick and is wired
with the litz wire and its sensitive.

In fact I am playing with the idea of attaching a 16" round nugget finder on the 3500 permanently and
purchase the SPP with the 8" detech for the smaller stuff.

Hi I can understand why you are saying trying to make use of a disc ,but will it work on mono coils . That means using DD coils and I think a DD will de tune the SPP on the small stuff, regards john :)

Hi. Old Hand. Yes I agree. Disc. should not be possible using a mono,,,, but having owned a TDI Pro Aus in the past fitted with the standard mono coil I can tell you ...It works. I tried the same tests I saw on the TDI SL on a Utube video... The nails and coins etc..Tweaked the machine as was suggested on the video and got the same results.. Pretty impressive. So it would be great to be able to do the same trick on the SPP. Regards...Ronnie.

Mono coils work extremely well on all the tdi models even discriminating junk' DD coils are ment to make the Small gold a little better on target response but I'm yet to test a small DD coil.

The SPP sounds like an interesting little detector and going for a good price. After hearing how WalnLiz are going with the 8x6 sadie on gold with the TDI then i would be leaning towards that coil or a similiar coil if hunting for gold. One of the boy's in the previous post seemed to get good sens. and depth with the 8" commander, that seemed to mate well with the SPP. I think you fellas will Have some fun with this detector and it will be interesting hearing what you find. :)

I tried the standard 12" coil yesterday and found it better than expected. It had no trouble at all picking up tiny shotty pellets at around 3-4 inches. Pretty good I thought.

I have tested my fair share of coils. Rest assured the 8" detech is the bees knees :)

Very sensitive coil...

Detech has there new 6" on eBay could be better again if the 12 is already picking up small stuff?

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Detech has there new 6" on eBay could be better again if the 12 is already picking up small stuff?

The difference I think between the 6" and 8" is target size vs depth.

Pete can confirm this one way or another though.

Hi ronniecruisin I have tried to find a youtube clip showing the tdi with a mono coil on it disc but cannot find it can you tell me where to find it.
With the detch coils stinky pete at Amherst sells them ph0438600906 regards john

If your in Victoria call Pete and see if you can visit him and test out the 6" and 8" coils.

If he does not answer just leave a message and he will get back to generally by early evening.

Thanks old hand and wolfau. Can't remember where to find that video. Was prob. A couple years back. See what I can do though. The guy was showing air tests on a concrete path. A line of objects including a number of coins. If I remember right the only coin that did not come through was a clad dime. All others were good and all the rubbish targets were nulled. Tried it myself and believe me it worked very well indeed. Same old story though. Will it work when the objects are buried? Ground always makes a difference. Thanks for the info re. The coil. Will have to sell my new 12x7 nuggetfinder to afford it though. I'll call him when that's done.

Ronniecruisin if you own the 12 x 7 nugget finder just use that for now. That coil works out to be equivalent to roughly
a 10" round coil.

Nugget finder makes very nice quiet coils.

The question you then need to ask yourself whats the smallest pieces of gold do you want to find.

Where does it stop? Because you could wash out an area if you had plenty of time with a self circulating mini high banker
if you wanted to.

Just remember a gram is worth about $50.

The excitement I am reading about a machine costing thousands able to detect a .05 grammer or smaller is mind blowing.
Whats a piece worth? Around $2.50 each, then again you might find something smaller and whats this worth a $1 - 50c? 8)

Then add the cost of fuel and your equipment costs and travel time..Heck you might as well go and buy a compadre and raid
some tot lots for the lost $1 or $2 coins...

So for now use what you have and enjoy this hobby for what it is.

I have rambled on enough. Thanks for reading and as I always say each to their own..

I totally agree with Wolfau I have spoken to Dean at goldsearch in the last 2 days and the 12x7 coil is what is most popular on the spp ,not to say that other coils do not work well on them. Once I receive mine I am going to try my 14x7 N/F Its been good no my 4500 so it should be just as good on the spp . :) regards john

Latest posts