Whites NSW stockists?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Australian Whites dealers (other than Goldsearch):

NSW:
Three Creeks Tourist Gold Mine
Upper Bingara NSW 2404
Ph: 02) 6783 2224 (Paul Myer)

QLD:

GYMPIE GOLD
92 Mellor Street, GYMPIE, QLD 4570
Ph: 0428 656 399 (Dave Horvat)

Thanks Makarei and Goldpick!

Tamworth is a bit far to go from where I am but at least NSW stockists of White's do exist.

Good detective work you guys! :)

Goldpick said:
Australian Whites dealers (other than Goldsearch):

NSW:
Three Creeks Tourist Gold Mine
Upper Bingara NSW 2404
Ph: 02) 6783 2224 (Paul Myer)

QLD:

GYMPIE GOLD
92 Mellor Street, GYMPIE, QLD 4570
Ph: 0428 656 399 (Dave Horvat)

Wow - learn something new every day!

I've just got off the phone to Paul at Three Creeks and he gave me very good information. Good bloke to talk to. I'd be ringing him if you needed any info, even if he wasn't selling what you were after. Very knowledgeable guy. So thanks heaps for the phone number Goldpick!

Have also just phoned Goldsearch too. Short but sweet.

So now I've got a GMT Goldmaster to research.

Karen said:
I've just got off the phone to Paul at Three Creeks and he gave me very good information. Good bloke to talk to. I'd be ringing him if you needed any info, even if he wasn't selling what you were after. Very knowledgeable guy. So thanks heaps for the phone number Goldpick!

Have also just phoned Goldsearch too. Short but sweet.

So now I've got a GMT Goldmaster to research.

I've had a GMT, SPP and now have a TDI Pro Oz.

I'm no expert and there are plenty of people on here who have spent more time on these machines than I have, but for me the TDI wins hands down.

The GMT is a great machine for a VLF, but is limited in what it can do. The SPP being a PI machine was a step up from the GMT, but the TDI is definitely the machine to have out of all three.

I would say, don't go out and buy a GMT just because you can afford it now (like what I did) wait and save more until you can afford an SPP or even better, a TDI.

Very interesting.

Thanks for your advice doc. I'll take it into consideration.

What is limiting about the GMT? I wasn't aware that the SPP didn't have a discriminator until just recently, so enlighten me on the limits of the GMT over the TDI.

Well the TDI will achieve better depths over the GMT and will handle mineralised ground a lot better.

You'll have a much bigger range of coils to use with the TDI and I dare say it'll hold it's value better than a GMT as well.

I just found when I got to know my GMT after a while, it was frustrating to know I could have been walking the hills with a machine that could handle the ground better and punch into the ground at greater depth.

Also, with my Razorback "Longreach" 10x6 mono coil attached to the end of it, the sensitivity is insane.

Ozziii - Yes, I'm hoping so.

Not having a discriminator on the SPP quickly changed my mind. I don't want to have to dig everything and I'm the kind of gal who would want to but exhaust myself in the process. An experienced guy recommended that I get something to help weed out the rubbish so I don't spend all day digging it, especially when I'm not that experienced detecting. So I liked his thinking. I like the look of the digital readout on the GMT from the pics I've seen. If you see or hear any for sale, let me know.

Thanks for that explanation Doc. I'll have a closer look at the TDI. Hhmmm. My money trees branches are very bare this time of year. No leaves at all. :D

I have to agree with Doc about the GMT, as with most VLF machines from what I've read etc, mineralised ground is not the best places to use them. We thought about getting a VLF detector but with alot of gold area's the ground is too mineralised for them to work well, with light mineralisation I think they work ok but any more and they struggle, but thats only going by what I've read from alot of other detector users.

While the TDI Pro Oz is a great machine & would be nice to have, the SPP is still good & can find gold, its just not as powerful & is more basic, also easier to use. The discrimination feature of VLF's would be good but after a good bit of use you should be able to tell by the tone what might be under the coil but some things sound like gold so not really sure how easy it would be to tell.
I don't mind digging, never know what you might find & even if it doesn't sound like a gold tone it could be something else worth finding, like old coins, old war stuff etc. The good thing about the SPP is that it can use a good range of coils, not as many as the TDI or as big, but really, how many coils does a person need & by the sounds of it, the Minor Johns & Razorback coils have you pretty well covered.
At $1545 the SPP is hard to pass up, its not much more than the GMT & its light, so easy to use for a while which I like because of my back & feet.
One day I would like the TDI but it might be a while before I can get one, well unless I find a few good nuggets,haha.

Thanks Doc & Ozziii for your posts. Lots of good info there that's given me plenty to think about.

I think I'll just have to go and hire some of them to see what I like best or maybe have a look at a few models out at Tuena while they are in use.

Trying to make a decision is proving to be difficult.

Another question I have - how do I know how big the gold will be where I intend to go?

Just by forum member posts of finds?

I don't really like the idea of finding tiny specks of gold :D

I think most of the time it is small gold that people find, maybe there is bigger nuggets down deeper but detectors can't reach them.
But still, people are finding anything from sub gram to multi gram pieces, just have to get lucky I guess, its not something you will get rich quick from though, well unless you get very lucky & find something around a few kg's, they are still out there but are a rare find.
Also depends on the coil a bit too, bigger coils go deeper so would have a better chance at finding larger nuggets at greater depths but a coil like the 6x8 Sadie nugget Finder is made for small shallow gold so unlikely to find something deeper unless it was very large.

As for knowing how big the gold will be in a certain area, I'm not sure if you can, about the only way would be to see pics from recent finds but even then that would't be really accurate as gold be be of any size in any location from what I have seen.
Its just a matter of going out & spending time in the area & trying to find something. You could go to a flogged out area & get lucky & find something worth thousands, just have to swing the coil over it.

I'm no expert, i was reading on google that the earth's crust is 45 km thick apparently in Australia. how deep does a detector go?

Ha, ha! Give them time. Where money is concerned they'll put a lot of effort in.

Good for those who are well off, cause they'll be expensive.

Latest posts