Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update. So the cancer has wrapped around his optic nerve and covered the whole back if his eye.
Next week back to Adelaide (160 kays one way) for more tests and scans to see if its spread to liver or elsewhere.
Option at this stage. Remove eye and radiation treatment.

Thanks to all who have replied.

Wishfull said:
Update. So the cancer has wrapped around his optic nerve and covered the whole back if his eye.
Next week back to Adelaide (160 kays one way) for more tests and scans to see if its spread to liver or elsewhere.
Option at this stage. Remove eye and radiation treatment.

Thanks to all who have replied.

Bloody Hell mate......thinking of you and your family at this time..... all the best...... Kia Kaha ( be strong)

Newprospect said:
What a day? Been battling insurance company for the past year. Never again will I get full comp cover on a car , third party and thats it.its a joke. :poop: :poop: :poop: ]:D ]:D ]:D
Its like having " flood insurance " and then your home gets washed away by "storm water" not "flood water" :/

Newprospect said:
What a day? Been battling insurance company for the past year. Never again will I get full comp cover on a car , third party and thats it.its a joke. :poop: :poop: :poop: ]:D ]:D ]:D

I rode motor bikes and Dove cars for 20 years without Comp Insurance. Teaches you to be extra careful. Got insurance when I was married and the wife got her driving license.
AAMI was hopeless. When first insured the car cost 18000 and I insured it for that value. when I hit a roo they said the insured value was 1200 dollars coz the car was old. OK so it was 14 years old buy then but was immaculate and running perfectly.
It was actually in perfect condition almost as new. They gave me 1200 dollars and they kept the car. They refused to repair the car because they reckoned it was going to cost more than the insured value to repair.
. It cost us 21,000 dollars to replace the car with another one of similar condition..
Motor vehicle Comp Insurance is BS.

So I was driving around in a car that was insured for 1200 bucks and still paying the premiums as when it was insured for 18,000 dollars.

LoneWolf said:
Full cover for my 1998 Pajero with 7k replacement and i keep the wreck suits me well. . Where you ask..?

Shannons.... Best around.... Main-stream Insurers have lost the plot...

Club 4x4 was also pretty good as well...

LW...

But there's more....

Suncorp, which owns 12 brands including AAMI, GIO, Shannons, Bingle and Just Car Insurance, one of the largest insurers in Australia.

Still Better than all the others who will keep the wreck....

Either way i still get to keep the wreck... Win win i say... :D

With 4-5k of extras i get to keep as well...All the others will not let you near your car after an incident. ... :D

LW...

Wifey wrote off a Mazda 6 wagon. Got a new one pretty happy with that. Get a phone call from shitwad looking for the spare keys. Dude its written off. Na its reparable. No its not its bent in half. Give me the keys. No go F--- yourself, Ill come and get you if you dont give me the keys. Well go for it fuckwad. Never heard from said fuckwad again. They tried it on though.

Adrian ss said:
Newprospect said:

I rode motor bikes and Dove cars for 20 years without Comp Insurance. Teaches you to be extra careful. Got insurance when I was married and the wife got her driving license.
AAMI was hopeless. When first insured the car cost 18000 and I insured it for that value. when I hit a roo they said the insured value was 1200 dollars coz the car was old. OK so it was 14 years old buy then but was immaculate and running perfectly.
It was actually in perfect condition almost as new. They gave me 1200 dollars and they kept the car. They refused to repair the car because they reckoned it was going to cost more than the insured value to repair.
. It cost us 21,000 dollars to replace the car with another one of similar condition..
Motor vehicle Comp Insurance is BS.

So I was driving around in a car that was insured for 1200 bucks and still paying the premiums as when it was insured for 18,000 dollars.
Their bloody thieves!!!

LoneWolf said:
Full cover for my 1998 Pajero with 7k replacement and i keep the wreck suits me well. . Where you ask..?

LW...

Depending on the vehicle there can be a big difference between the value offered by Club 4X4 and Shannons, Club 4X4 would only cover Lizzy for $9K whereas Shannons would cover for full value including all the work done provided I could prove it. The premiums weren't much different either. If your vehicle is a bit special, Club 4X4 are not even worth talking to in my opinion.

Dihusky said:
LoneWolf said:

LW...

Depending on the vehicle there can be a big difference between the value offered by Club 4X4 and Shannons, Club 4X4 would only cover Lizzy for $9K whereas Shannons would cover for full value including all the work done provided I could prove it. The premiums weren't much different either. If your vehicle is a bit special, Club 4X4 are not even worth talking to in my opinion.

Club 4x4 used to be good when they first started and they really really wanted new clients.

Now they do have tons of customers i need to point out something.

You might have paid for a policy but when it comes time to make a claim , actually getting paid for that claim might be far far away over the horizon for the insurer.

Insurers can sometimes refuse a claim based on it being re-categorised as a "non claimable event"

Understand this people , paying for a policy does not guarantee you get a payout. ]:D

Latest posts