which side does gold shed to

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,
as I was saying I was waiting for Andrew from Rawgold to give an answer to the question about which side gold sheds.
He is a well respected geologist and I thought rather than paraphrasing his thoughts I have cut and pasted them.
Andrew also does a bit of a spiel, however I feel its worth leaving in as it seems like an opportunity to learn more(particularly me)
here it is-

Hi Mardy,

Great to hear from you. Hard for me to describe all this briefly. An interesting topic. Yes comments are right regarding prevailing weather from West and also topography, not sure weathering would be so significant only on western side of hills.
One of the key considerations is understanding overall strike or trend of the golden triangle. It was compressed from the east and west forcing compression to cause thrust faulting, typically west over east. This also played a part in terms of faults and where gold Quartz loads are positioned. They typically strike North - South and steeply dip towards the west approx 60-70 deg in line with these faults.
So, where does the gold shed? The main loads don't always carry the nuggetty gold, it's often shoots or flat makes, off to the side so that throws another dynamic. The 'indicator 'nuggetty loads may in fact shed to the east as they cross cut easterly focussed flat make Quartz veins.
Mardy too much for me to explain here, but provides some background.
I am actually going to run some courses on Geology - trade secrets of a geologist. Learning to read ground, and how to target exactly the topic you ask also, structural geology.
Aiming in April / May do if you or any of the forum guys are keen happy if anyone emails me via RawGold and I can keep in touch and let you and potentially others know details, costs and dates.

Kind regards

Andrew

Hope this helps every one
cheers Mardy

Well in my expert opinion (ex is a has-been and a spurt is a drip under pressure) Murphy had some say in this. Murphy's law says that "It always sheds to the other side". ;)

Rex Hunt strikes again.lol for those that didn`t know.(Experts).
Found this tobe exciting a little off the track from mardymooses initiation in this Detecting & Shedding of Gold Category but it does include Gold.

Undara Volcanic is a national park in North Queensland, Australia. It is notable for its lava tubes and gem fossicking.
Minerals found there include topaz, moonstone, peridot, aquamarine, garnet, quartz and gold.
The park contains the remains of the Earths longest flow of lava originating from a single volcano.

Latest posts