when I joined PA it was good

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SCROUNGER said:
Heatho said:
You have to look at what type of person loves to troll as well, I have a mate/aquaintance that gets extreme joy from joining internet chat sites/forums and trolling, he loves it, he is a professional troll and the angrier people get the happier he is. Yep he is totally perverted and deranged, I even tell him he is and he even derives pleasure from being told that........ :(

Trolling is an addiction for some....
He sounds bloody scary Heatho. There's a name for people that get pleasure from inflicting pain on others. Be careful mate, he doesn't sound like someone i'd want to be out in the scrub with.

You're 100% right mate, he's mad as, loves inflicting pain (he's into extreme martial arts type stuff) and he's as big as a house. Buuuut still he's ok, have never had a blue with him, though I would not want to be alone in the bush with him. :)

mbasko said:
Heatho said:
Havinago said:
Yeah I hope not too Heatho :( , I figure its best to ignore alot of what goes on it just isnt worth it :cool:

Yeah that's it. Look, I've had a blue on here before but that was just me sticking up for a very fine product that was being rubbished by someone with little experience, was worth the blue in my opinion. Some blues here are childish and I just ignore that shizer.

Some blues like Rocket and Ramjets little tiffs are amusing to say the least, lol.

I've said it before and will say it again, I've met some great people from the forum and always had a great time in the field with them. I've probably met more than 20 members at all different places from Grabben Gullen to Inverell and everywhere in between. :)
I think we've all been guilty of letting a troll get the better of us. :lol:
One thing I won't do, regardless of what people think, is just sit back & watch controversial, erroneous or even suggestions on illegal activity go by. In my opinion you're doing a bigger disservice to the forum & members by not speaking up even if some seem to think it's negative or that type of info is good.

That's it mate, when people spout off with garbage something has to be said as a lot of people read the forum and the info needs to be correct and unbiased. I'll alaways speak up in those situations too.

Ramjet said:
Bazz said:
Maybe some topics just need to be put out of their misery before comments are rehashed over and over and over, frankly it's a little boring, there is way too much to be learned on this forum, so kill threads, like this one before it goes off the rails. (it's not over moderating if you do, it's common sense!!)

Merry Christmas

Bazz

That's fine Bazz but who decides which topics need immediate deleting? We all have different opinions and tolerances.
As I said it's a no win situation for the mod squad. Don't get me wrong, I like being a mod, ( it's the feeling of power and the hot chicks).
I'm just saying it how it is.... no matter which way we jump, someone won't like it.

Rocket you can tell me I'm right any time now ;)

Thanks RJ, this may not sit well with some

In answer to your question : YOU do!!!

I would expect that the Mods have the experience and the confidence of Harri and more importantly the members to make that call. Let's face it you can see when a thread is heading down in to the darkness, so kill it. Freedom of speech is a great thing but some of us need to be filtered regardless !!!

I'll go now

cracka said:
If threads like this make you cringe, stop f#@$ing reading them! It is a general chat section, maybe U should try the prospecting thread related section? :p

Cracka.
Nice reply mate! Just the type of uncalled for language & attitude that starts the cringe worthy threads off.

Go check the prospecting related threads mate and stop cringing. :/ Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your family mbasko.

Cracka.

Bazz said:
Ramjet said:
Bazz said:
Maybe some topics just need to be put out of their misery before comments are rehashed over and over and over, frankly it's a little boring, there is way too much to be learned on this forum, so kill threads, like this one before it goes off the rails. (it's not over moderating if you do, it's common sense!!)

Merry Christmas

Bazz

That's fine Bazz but who decides which topics need immediate deleting? We all have different opinions and tolerances.
As I said it's a no win situation for the mod squad. Don't get me wrong, I like being a mod, ( it's the feeling of power and the hot chicks).
I'm just saying it how it is.... no matter which way we jump, someone won't like it.

Rocket you can tell me I'm right any time now ;)

Thanks RJ, this may not sit well with some

In answer to your question : YOU do!!!

I would expect that the Mods have the experience and the confidence of Harri and more importantly the members to make that call. Let's face it you can see when a thread is heading down in to the darkness, so kill it. Freedom of speech is a great thing but some of us need to be filtered regardless !!!

I'll go now

I agree Bazz, but not every member does. ;) it's all good fun eh

mbasko said:
Heatho said:
Havinago said:
Yeah I hope not too Heatho :( , I figure its best to ignore alot of what goes on it just isnt worth it :cool:

Yeah that's it. Look, I've had a blue on here before but that was just me sticking up for a very fine product that was being rubbished by someone with little experience, was worth the blue in my opinion. Some blues here are childish and I just ignore that shizer.

Some blues like Rocket and Ramjets little tiffs are amusing to say the least, lol.

I've said it before and will say it again, I've met some great people from the forum and always had a great time in the field with them. I've probably met more than 20 members at all different places from Grabben Gullen to Inverell and everywhere in between. :)
I think we've all been guilty of letting a troll get the better of us. :lol:
One thing I won't do, regardless of what people think, is just sit back & watch controversial, erroneous or even suggestions on illegal activity go by. In my opinion you're doing a bigger disservice to the forum & members by not speaking up even if some seem to think it's negative or that type of info is good.

Could not have said it better Matt :D

Edit spelling , could have spelt it better , Merry Christmas all

I love the forum, will not make unhelpful or negative comments, If I can't write an encouraging and informative post, then I don't.

Main thing is to,..... let it slide, let it slide the trolls never bothered me anyway.(ha) type thing,..... when it's seen to be going south don't comment, if someone is going to burn, let them do it all by themselves,... just a simple report for the over the toppers, after all it's only the abusive or obsceene(posts) that cause any consternation at all,..... laugh it all off I always say ! and don't(or please refrain from) be/being antagonistic when you see it happenning, it's not some schoolyard affray where everybody needs to crowd around or join in,....it's our F O R U M.
Nothing to see here,.... move along sort of thing. ;) :rolleyes: :)

I vote for less whining more digging..
Seriously though i don't really mind the trolls i just ignore negativity .
Hahaha if you think this is bad DO NOT join almost all the fishing groups on facebook...thats trolling
Thanks all for all your help advice and encouragement ...
Look forward to meeting a few more members in the new year.

Merry xmas to all and their families
Stay safe and hope everyone gets plenty of colour, gems and treasures

Sorry if something similar has been said earlier in the thread. I only read the first couple of post's.

But to use the analogy of camping for PA.
I would think of two scenarios.
Firstly, when PA was in its infancy. It was probably (I was around then) like camping in a secluded part of the forest surrounded by dense bush. With a camp ground that could only fit a few campers. Luckily a bunch of mates were early enough to arrive and stake out their area. With nowhere else for any latecomers to set up camp.

Now Pa is like camping in the desert or large open space, with an endless expanse for whoever wanted to come and set up camp.
Its now the like the summer holidays and there are campers as far as the eye can see. With the core PA contributors in the middle and plenty of camp sites around the main PA group. Over the course of the holidays plenty of camper come and go without raising as much as a whisper, some of the like minded campers get chatting to the PA people and end up dragging their chairs over the main PA fire so they can have a chin wag and swap stories and the like.

But there are ALWAYS the odd few that decide the crank up the music till the wee hours, get pi$$ed smash s#!t up and punch on, use the camp area as a drift track or drag strip or prefer to heckle the other campers or shoot cans around the fire. Considering there are kiddies walkin round and people who would prefer to get up early to go fishing, prospecting or the unfortunate parents who are raised from a deep slumber early in the morning by their offspring.

Sometimes these campers who go to these places to enjoy their own little piece serenity have to put up with a few nights of debauchery and then the noisy ones move off.
Sometimes the noisy ones need to be reminded to the fact that out there on the fringe of the camp area there was a endless supply of space where they could conduct them selves in what ever way they see fit.
And sometimes ya gotta bring the heavyweight mate (the mods) over and ask them politely to leave.

Either way that is life and you are still there to enjoy your self. Just makes for a few funny stories around the camp fire after the dust settles.

That's a good analogy NeoGeo. I won't accuse anyone but myself of having a bit of a rant and rave now and then, but if I disagree I will explain why as articulately as I can and try to curb my emotions and avoid personal attacks(trolling).
We can all do with a bit more humour and humility in our lives.

All the best to all over the Silly season.

Latest posts