when I joined PA it was good

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
But now its day in, day out, bitching, whining, and trolling. We the members are bringing this place down.

I like to think of a forum, as a place where likemindeds can have a chat. Not unlike sitting at a campsite, and shooting the breeze. But if we acted like we have (in recent months), at a campsite....most of us would pack-up, and move on.

Yes we have had trolls, but we have certainly fed them! Its the whining, and bitching, like old women that does my head in. The best of us fall into that trap, and its just so unnecessary. Hear so many times, that so-and-so left, taking his knowledge, and doing so, left us weaker because if it. If somebody leaves, goodluck to em, be thankful for the time/thoughts they shared with us.....dont sook about why they left, and nobody is that important, that we are left weak. New people come along, and if they see a positive vibe, they will contribute, and we can grow.

Havinago said:
Yeah I hope not too Heatho :( , I figure its best to ignore alot of what goes on it just isnt worth it :cool:

Yeah that's it. Look, I've had a blue on here before but that was just me sticking up for a very fine product that was being rubbished by someone with little experience, was worth the blue in my opinion. Some blues here are childish and I just ignore that shizer.

Some blues like Rocket and Ramjets little tiffs are amusing to say the least, lol.

I've said it before and will say it again, I've met some great people from the forum and always had a great time in the field with them. I've probably met more than 20 members at all different places from Grabben Gullen to Inverell and everywhere in between. :)

So now I will get PMs from members complaining that this topic is bringing the forum down.
If we edit or delete we are over moderating Nazis. If we let things slide we are ruining the forum.
I personally will be editing out as many negative comments as I can see and no apologies. If people can't behave like adults, they will be treated accordingly.
It IS a great forum and the dramas are partly because we have grown so much. There are always a couple of troublemakers in every crowd. As the crowd gets bigger so too the numbers of troublemakers.

Merry Xmas to one and all :D

You have to look at what type of person loves to troll as well, I have a mate/aquaintance that gets extreme joy from joining internet chat sites/forums and trolling, he loves it, he is a professional troll and the angrier people get the happier he is. Yep he is totally perverted and deranged, I even tell him he is and he even derives pleasure from being told that........ :(

Trolling is an addiction for some....

Heatho said:
You have to look at what type of person loves to troll as well, I have a mate/aquaintance that gets extreme joy from joining internet chat sites/forums and trolling, he loves it, he is a professional troll and the angrier people get the happier he is. Yep he is totally perverted and deranged, I even tell him he is and he even derives pleasure from being told that........ :(

I love a good argument and to stir people up. But I do it face to face :p not a keyboard warrior ;)

Heatho said:

He sounds bloody scary Heatho. There's a name for people that get pleasure from inflicting pain on others. Be careful mate, he doesn't sound like someone i'd want to be out in the scrub with.

:rolleyes: here we go again:
20 members will agree with you
2 will leave just to prove that it has changed & they're not happy about it
5 members will disagree & start an argument about why you're wrong
RR will come in trying to solve it all & looking for hugs :rolleyes: :lol:
To be honest it's threads like these that are starting to make me cringe.

Ramjet said:
Heatho said:

I love a good argument and to stir people up. But I do it face to face :p not a keyboard warrior ;)

Maybe some topics just need to be put out of their misery before comments are rehashed over and over and over, frankly it's a little boring, there is way too much to be learned on this forum, so kill threads, like this one before it goes off the rails. (it's not over moderating if you do, it's common sense!!)

Merry Christmas

Bazz

Heatho said:
Havinago said:
Yeah I hope not too Heatho :( , I figure its best to ignore alot of what goes on it just isnt worth it :cool:

Yeah that's it. Look, I've had a blue on here before but that was just me sticking up for a very fine product that was being rubbished by someone with little experience, was worth the blue in my opinion. Some blues here are childish and I just ignore that shizer.

Some blues like Rocket and Ramjets little tiffs are amusing to say the least, lol.

I've said it before and will say it again, I've met some great people from the forum and always had a great time in the field with them. I've probably met more than 20 members at all different places from Grabben Gullen to Inverell and everywhere in between. :)
I think we've all been guilty of letting a troll get the better of us. :lol:
One thing I won't do, regardless of what people think, is just sit back & watch controversial, erroneous or even suggestions on illegal activity go by. In my opinion you're doing a bigger disservice to the forum & members by not speaking up even if some seem to think it's negative or that type of info is good.

mbasko said:
:rolleyes: here we go again:
20 members will agree with you
2 will leave just to prove that it has changed & they're not happy about it
5 members will disagree & start an argument about why you're wrong
RR will come in trying to solve it all & looking for hugs :rolleyes: :lol:
To be honest it's threads like these that are starting to make me cringe.

Hug me ;)

My point is that we Mods can't win. We either over moderate or let things run to far depending on which member is having a gripe. Ya can't please all of the people all of the time. ;)

I am sick if threads Like This! lol and I created another, in frustration. I did join another forum, its a ghost town, and I like so many people here. But its getting to the stage, where I was just over the trolling, and whining. Merry xmas :) Close it down, no worries.

Bazz said:
Maybe some topics just need to be put out of their misery before comments are rehashed over and over and over, frankly it's a little boring, there is way too much to be learned on this forum, so kill threads, like this one before it goes off the rails. (it's not over moderating if you do, it's common sense!!)

Merry Christmas

Bazz

That's fine Bazz but who decides which topics need immediate deleting? We all have different opinions and tolerances.
As I said it's a no win situation for the mod squad. Don't get me wrong, I like being a mod, ( it's the feeling of power and the hot chicks).
I'm just saying it how it is.... no matter which way we jump, someone won't like it.

Rocket you can tell me I'm right any time now ;)

I know PA isnt good anymore .... ITS GREAT!
Yeah its changed a little since ive been reading and joined , but im still learning and meeting people and still excited about my hobby because of what this place offers.
Merry xmas to everyone at PA , 2016 will be a new year to start fresh and get things back on track :)