What is your Favourite Movie.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't know we were doing tv shows too :p

Man in the high castle
Vikings
Game of thrones
Stranger things

Great shows, if you haven't watched these, get on it :Y:

USS Indianapolis

They say they were, Men Of Courage what an understatement, what those men went through was shear horror. This is one of the best DVD's i have seen in quite some time and well worth watching.

IT was one of the grisliest incidents of World War Two: hundreds of survivors of a sinking ship taken by sharks.

The USS Indianapolis has passed into legend with its tale of delivering the Little Boy nuclear bomb to be dropped on Hiroshima, an early morning ambush and a bungled search and rescue effort.
Sunk by Japanese torpedoes in July 1945, the harrowing four days where survivors in the water struggled against sharks passed into immortality when the story was told in the Steven Spielberg blockbuster Jaws.

The USS Indianapolis had until that point been something of a lucky ship. It narrowly missed being at Pearl Harbor the day of the surprise attack that catapulted the United States into war. It fought successfully through many of the following Pacific campaigns.

But on the early morning of July 30, 1945, all that changed.

1513229794_51mmv67nipl.jpg

A lot of my favourites have already been mentioned (you guys have great taste haha),

Saving Private Ryan
The Patriot
Last of the Mohicans
Apocalypse Now
Shawshank Redemption
Forrest Gump.....etc

And Ill add...

Midnight Express
Blood Diamond
Gallipoli
The Castle
Stir Crazy
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Napoleon Dynamite
Schindlers List
Letters from Iwo Jima
Deliverance

So many favourites :lol:

I love a good movie.

Papillion is probably my favorite all time movie.
I have a few favorites though.

Evil Roy Slade got me giggling, can't believe its not more famous. Its an old western, blazing saddles era.

Boy in the striped pajamas was very good.

I once saw an Italian movie that moved me, I think it was called "beautiful life" about a Jew and his son in a concentration camp, and the lengths to shield his son from the reality of their situation. Top movie.

Whoops, Italian movie is called, life is beautiful. Great movie.

Life Is Beautiful Official Trailer - A Roberto Benigni Movie - YouTube

Thanks Northeast,
It is special to me because as a small boy my Mum took me to see it. The picture theatre was basically a tin roofed community hall used for everything in those days. It was hot but I remember it as if yesterday and my mothers laugh, unforgettable.
Mackka

I think the OP asked for fav movie singular- mine is PREDATOR- wow Arnie at his best
Its a bit old hat now
honourable mention to Shawshank redemption

GT :) :)

Many of my other faves have already been listed so I'll add these.

Band of Brothers series
Jericho series

Most of the John Wayne/John Ford films, especially:
  • the Cavalry Trilogy Fort Apache (1948), She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949) and Rio Grande (1950)[/*]
  • The Searchers[/*]
  • The Quiet Man[/*]

Casablanca
Maltese Falcon
The Treasure of Sierra Madre
High Noon
The Alamo
Jeremiah Johnson
Tombstone (Kurt Russell and Val Kilmer, with Sam Elliott, Bill Paxton, Powers Boothe, Michael Biehn, and Dana Delany)

Gods and Generals
Gettysburg

Lawrence of Arabia
Bridge on the River Kwai
Battle of Britain

A Night to Remember (the best Titanic movie)
Scott of the Antarctic

Predator
Aliens (the second film which I reckon was the best of that franchise)
Starship Troopers

The Heat of the Night (Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger)
It's a Wonderful Life
Zorba The Greek

And for shits and giggles:
  • the National Lampoon Vacation movies with Chevy Chase[/*]
  • Animal House[/*]
  • Blues Brothers[/*]

For shits and giggles you can't go past the Austin Powers movies ..... Yeah baby!
How gross is fat bastard ...... Baby, the other other white meat ..... Get inside my belly.

So many lines. Hilarious!

Just finished watching a series on Prime called "The Boys"..... 18+ R... absolutely full of blood n guts in the most horrific graphic way you could imagine. An absolute riveting series with 16 parts to it so far, with 2 lots so far and another 8 parts expected in maybe November 2021. They all run for about an hour each. Highly recommended by me :p
Make sure no kids or the squeamish see it at all though.... they'd never forgive you. :fire:

Latest posts