what3words

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So in the opera house link it has verbs.jabs.track at the bottom. That is the 3 words thingy?

How do you search a position? Verbs narrows to 10 square kilometers, jabs narrows to a square kilometer, jabs narrows to the exact square metre?

How is it better than the current numbered coords system? Can they be a little bit 'secret code' so I can send you coords and no one else can work it out?

Thanks.

Northeast said:
So in the opera house link it has verbs.jabs.track at the bottom. That is the 3 words thingy?

The concept is that three words are easier to remember than a co-ordinate using numerics.

The same concept is applied to three or four word based passwords separated by hyphens which are as secure as multi mix character symbol number passwords but memorable.

Ok, that makes sense.

But how is it then applied? For a particular point of reference do I allocate my own 3 words? james.monster.subgram for example. I was with James, using the monster and it was subgram. Makes sense to me if used in my mapping system.

Can I create my own account and create maps utilizing some sort of word code that only makes sense to me? Would help to keep things a bit more secure even if it got hacked off my 'puter.

Or is every metre X metre piece of land across the globe allocated 3 words and we all use the same. I'm thinking not but...?

there's an export to google option,not sure if a plug in is available yet,coding one could be interesting,i would have thought it's part of the bigger vision of it already though.

Latest posts