What to buy? 14 Elite or 15 Evo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was keen on buying a 15 evo but watching some reviews on YouTube has got me leaning towards the 14 elite camo. I wasn't too impressed with the 11 elite. Any feedback would be great as I shall be getting one of these before the gold bash. :|

Ran an elite for a short while not long after release. Brightened up along the gullies pulled a lot of extra shotty pellets down to bird shot out at some very impressive depths. The 14x12 DD punched deeper but the elite was super crisp even on an old 3000, so I can't see too much disappointment in going the elite option. The ground I'm usually at isn't the worst in Australia but definitely right up there.

Also ran the elite over and old surfaced area of the course of 2 days and pulled out some extra targets including tiny gold that had been missed by the sdc and gpx running a Sadie. ..no mean feat. Took a 4500 back about 2 months later for no extra.

Nothing over a gram in my time on the coil but I certainly wasn't making any noise about it when I owned it in any big way, mostly as I thought it would be e real weapon in the hands of someone who wasn't a weekend hack like me, I do like the occasional piece to myself. :eek: Ground noise still was an issue on the red clay domes, I felt like it gave a much more 'gold positive' signal than other coils but the crispness of a true gold signal was undeniable.

Maybe try them out side by side before committing. I'd love to hear what blokes like Phase tech and Old hand have to say (no offense to anyone not listed).

i was recommended a elite 14 mono by a guy who had been detecting for years and had used all the others so i bought one, he said its the bee's knees the best

I wonder how many people would have used both to test?

I suspect there is not much between them but I haven't tested.

Yep I love my 14 elite, it's a great coil. It gives a nice signal and as you've seen it runs pretty quiet. It doesn't like the red wet clay, but what coil does? As much as I love my 14 elite, I'd really love to get an eliptical one, the 17 by whatever it is. I've heard good things about them and being able to stick the front inbetween bushes and stuff will be handy. Pin pointing can be a pain with the 14 sometimes, another problem ya wouldn't have with an eliptical. :Y:

15 Evo. Lighter, water proof, pressure relief valve, slight curved edges make it glide along the ground, no flex on the coil mount bracket.

I may be slightly biased as my last patch I found was with the 15" Evo strapped to the 5000.

1505044142_20170204_084559-2.jpg

This spot has now produced about 40 bits.

If you are going to the Bash the new 15" Detech may be on show ;)

Agree, Evo.
Separate coil mount bracket as opposed to being moulded into the top plate, no flex
Build quality :Y:

I have not had much of a chance to really give my 15 Evo a
real thrashing but as far as stability and build quality goes,
Cannot beat it.
Used on a 4500.

Latest posts