What socks do you wear?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the wild river 80 % merino wool from Aussie disposals. Good cushioning,comfortable and they don`t sweat or smell .
They cost around the $25 mark per pair. I also snip the elastic because when my feet swell from all the walking i do, the socks dig in above the ankles ,even though they are elastic. I have big feet.

FOZ

aussiefarmer said:
If you want to double your gold haul wear stockings , lets face it your wife thinks your mad going out all weekend coming home buggered spending 200 on food feul and grog and then carrying on like you won lotto because you got a sub gram nugget.

What type do you like Aussie ... fishnet or just the plain ones?

aussiefarmer said:
I wear which ever ones she tells me to :playful:
I just want to read in a weeks time how everyone that wore them got twice the nuggets

Mate of mine who works at Hobson bay council wears stockings during winter and swears by them, recons they keep him real warm .
He once said to me I should try them in winter if Im feeling the cold :eek: but I think Id rather walk down swanston st nude in the middle of winter rather than wear ladies stockings :N: dont think it would go down real well with the boys at the rubber dub either :mad:

Explorer for me for a damn long time. I know some years back they cut back the wool content but still ok usually buy 12 pair at a time always black & can always pull out a matching pair if I get up & its dark although thats a rare occurrence now Im retired :D

mbasko said:
I prefer Bonds
I find explorers too itchy on the buttocks & bamboo a little stiff

you must have short legs!

Not sure what they are but I wear some comfy little numbers that were a christmas gift from our Miss Goodness2shoes :D

1549144224_101_8019.jpg

Madtuna they are Explorers sock mate..

I only send good Xmas presents :lol:

But could of been worse... As was thinking of sending some ring pulls and bottle top's for ya ..so you don't for get what they look like :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goody :)

I wear the bamboo socks but mostly because they were the best deal going around. I usually buy in bulk every few years. Other criteria I follow is to buy the same colour and length every time so as not to sort socks. That colour is black. If it gets cold I double them up. Really cold, I triple up.

that's what happened to hemp in the early part of last century it got squashed because the timber and cotton industries were feeling the pinch i think at the time the US government lifted the prohibition on alcohol and put it on marijuana (hemp)
Pagan P
OzzieAu said:
Anyone tried hemp or hemp/bamboo blend socks. Ive got a hemp fibre shirt that is so hard wearing and comfortable... a great fibre that could easily replace cotton and save our Murray- Darling basin from the scourge of the water hungry growers.
More hemp and bamboo I say.... :perfect:

Explorers are a very good wearing sock as they last for ages,but my feet sweat too much to wear explorers that is why I switched to bamboo,yes they are a pain in the arse to dry as they take so long to dry out, one day is never enough on the line

I like explorers for general use, but for winter use I really like feet heater socks I got from target - very thick and fluffy and just the thing under the gumboots when it is really cold.

They also make Bamboo Thermal Underwear as well as Socks, They are mostly used in Cold climates because they Wick away moisture better because of their breathability, Anyone who has been to the North or South Pole would have worn them or a High Marino Blend because you can wear them longer and they mask body odour along with keeping the wearer Dry,

Waterproof Clothing is not normally needed in Cold Climates because rarely rains where it is Cold and it normally falls as Snow, So breathable Clothing is needed to wick away the sweat and dry out because it you get Damp it starts to get cold and in worse cases it can freeze, Anything with Cotton in it is the worst thing you can wear in the winter months in Cold Climates because if it gets damp/wet it can Kill you by lowering your bodies Core Temp and that can start to happen without you even knowing,

RR.

Latest posts