What socks do you wear?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwal

Jason
Reaction score
Strange question, but what sort of socks do you guys use when out picking up the yella? I use bamboo ones, anyway, had to get that off my chest ?

These bamboo socks seriously, not the cheapest, but so soft. I thought putting Bamboo on my feet would be as itchy as hell - but no, like walking on little pillows all day...

Yeah yeah, take the piss, but seriously, when I am out detecting I hate that soggy foot feeling :)

Get on it, or more the point, get 'em on you

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B07MQKSMVG

Mismatched ones usually! But seriously, been wearing the bamboo ones to work for years and you can't beat em.

Dave79 said:
Mismatched ones usually! But seriously, been wearing the bamboo ones to work for years and you can't beat em.

Bamboo are the best, Dave what brand have you been using as all the brands I have had so far the elastic at the top of the sock has stretched after 12 months or so,I have a shopping bag full of socks that have gone this way

Peko said:
Dave79 said:

Bamboo are the best, Dave what brand have you been using as all the brands I have had so far the elastic at the top of the sock has stretched after 12 months or so,I have a shopping bag full of socks that have gone this way
Can't remember the brand which is unfortunate as I've had the same problem with the tops losing their elastic then found some good ones at a camping store which is now about 3400km from home :awful:

Yep me too, explores all the way :Y:
I find them comfortable and they dont wear throu as quick as some of the other brands.
Nothing worse than when your running a bit late for work and you grab that old pair on top and when you put them on you can see your heel and ya big bloody toe is poking out. 8.( :N:
Do ya get good mileage out of these bamboo socks?

Ye mate , the ones we're talking about go on your feet ;)
Haha
That reminds me....
Have you heard the Carl Baron skit about thongs ? :playful:
Bloody funny stuff !
He's a funny bugger

Peko said:
Dave79 said:

Same . The Elastic wont last for me either , that could be due to the level of toxicity from my stink feet though.

LOL.

Bamboo do have a cleaner feel to them , I have a mix of mostly explorer socks due to the cushion foot but if I could find a better brand of bamboo I would use them for health.

Yep, they soak up heaps of water which is great when they're on ya feet but can take a couple of days to dry.

Latest posts