What food would You take camping

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cuttin a full scotch up this arvo for our pilbara trip,i love camping,especially with backpackers.....
cheers mick......
1559730493_df7835d4-c422-45dc-9419-79fea45b4ef0.jpg

We always take;
Oat meal or weetbix for breakfast
lunch if away from camp is a packed lunch of some sort, maybe left overs from the night before ..rice and something mixed with it.
or rice with a can of sadines in tomato sauce , can of spagetti some times or we just take out some mixed fruit cups and nuts and saltanas.
Meals at night could be rice with chicken corn beef or spam with vegies..stir fries with a jar of different stir fry sauces .. omeletts what ever the digger decides to cook..
We always try and take frozen chicken, legs wings and breasts and lean chicken mince...maybe a kilo of bacon cans tuna salmon cans of tomatoes sweet corn, mix vegis and mixed fruits..
We usually also take jars of olives sun dried tomatoes cans of muscles and sweet pickled gurkins.
some 2 minute noodles packets of cabonara alfredo pasta etc some spaketti noodles couple of dozen eggs ..mung beans kidney beans mixe vegi soup mix . Sweet .potatoes & potatoes , plain and self raising flour plus condaments.. salst pepper soy oyster and tomatoe sauce.
Lots of water and heaps of long life milk ..and milk powder.
The digger drinks tea and coffee with sugar . I dont..
We usually just go to Aldi and buy what we need before we go and restock when we get the chance.

I have took note of all the different food's that you all suggest...

I think I now have most of it covered...

Still need to buy Beer and Meat...

Just got back from picking up my caravan,

Will give it another clean today,

Do my washing tomorrow, so I will have some clean clothes to take,

At the moment it is looking very good to start my trip on Saturday morning...

Goody :)

Glad to hear your in the final prep stages Goody :Y: put up a thread in the members trip section so we can enjoy the road with you :sunny: :beer: :fire: :goldnugget: :gemstone: :pickshovel: :goldpan: :coffee: :rainbow: :party: :100: :beer: safe travels.

Check your vehicle over got water oil tyre pressures lights all working. Have you got spare radiator water and oil ? Take some tools as well. I know it's a dilly question but have you checked the spare tyre for air and if the jack and wheel brace are there ? Seen it happen a few times. No jack or wheel brace or the spare is flat.
Better to be over prepared than under.
Have a great trip and check in with us on the way.
:Y:

For lunch, I like some hot sausage (like a Chorizo or Cheeze Kransky), some Coles salads (like Coleslaw and/or Greek), some crackers and a slab of smelly cheese.
For dinner (if out bush - i.e.: no pub meal, efficient ships or Maccas), it's either a BBQ (with spuds and onions in the hot coals), or a beef Ragu (from Coles) with mixed frozen vegies in a pot. Dessert is generally rum or bourbon - straight up - no ice.

Latest posts