What did you discover or learn today!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the day in the triangle and i have to say the old boys must have done the hard yards. Ran a small detector and some test pans, no colours. But you know what....i had an amazing time, putting all that knowledge in, its like working in the workshop. You learn more out there, and you can feel the history, like you're right there with them. We are lucky working great pay rates and great conditions and i to my hat in memory of the oppressive nature of what they endured. So what did i learn? That most of those people that freely give encouragement, information and practices out are really helping everyone. I looked at prospecting from so may angles today, crevicing, panning, sluicing, dry blowing, following reefs, detecting, wash and flows, it all seemed to make so much sense when you're in the middle of it. I guess i learnt its not all about getting the gold. I smiled seeing the creek beds dug where you'd expect the gold to land, and some poor fellow (s) that had the I'm going to dig it all in the most heavily trashed areas. On the upside i got some copper, so metal just not what i was after, but made me smile. All in all I'm feeling content, ready to start the hunt all over again.

Thanks to redfin making me think,... I now know what a browser is !
If it was a snake, it would a bit me by now !

TenOunce Tone said:
I used to call bosses like gregs and gtol's chopper pilots.. they come in with all arms waving in big circles, blow a lot of hot air downwards at their workers,loiter for ten minutes creating havoc among those being forced to listen to the turbo whine and depart with nothing productive to show for the visit

PMSL I gotta remember that one :D

HeadsUp said:
axeman said:
TenOunce Tone said:
I learnt that a man can go without alcohol for 9 years :D
Well done, it's been 15 years for me.
Also learnt that giving a smoking for 10 years was a good decision
:) Mick

26 years for me . imagine how much money i didnt spend on the stuff ?

Yep, Well done guys. Been 21 years for me. went from 30 plus a day to zero overnight and never a withdrawal symptom. One of my proudest achievments that no one ever thought I was capable of :lol:

Ric

AlluvialRic said:
HeadsUp said:
axeman said:
TenOunce Tone said:
I learnt that a man can go without alcohol for 9 years :D
Well done, it's been 15 years for me.
Also learnt that giving a smoking for 10 years was a good decision
:) Mick

26 years for me . imagine how much money i didnt spend on the stuff ?

Yep, Well done guys. Been 21 years for me. went from 30 plus a day to zero overnight and never a withdrawal symptom. One of my proudest achievments that no one ever thought I was capable of :lol:

Ric
20+ years for me and that was an overnight quit job.(never a smoker again),I became a non smoker(total change).

Fool's Gold can look identical to the real stuff.
1392369293_a135_-_20140212_205045.jpg

Diggerdude said:
Ultra sonic cleaners work great on carbies

carby cleaner isnt too bad on carbies either

ps . and carby cleaner is awesome for dissolving paint from spray gun parts and hoses too even when the apprentice leaves paint in the gun for a week

HeadsUp said:
Diggerdude said:

ps . and carby cleaner is awesome for dissolving paint from spray gun parts and hoses too even when the apprentice leaves paint in the gun for a week

I used both mate ;) . Had never used a ultra sonic cleaner before, but had watched a mate using it on his nuggets and thought it would be good for the carby. Very impressed.

Diggerdude said:
HeadsUp said:
Diggerdude said:

I used both mate ;) . Had never used a ultra sonic cleaner before, but had watched a mate using it on his nuggets and thought it would be good for the carby. Very impressed.

i want to get an ultrasonic cleaner with a big wide tank ( 33 cm ) for getting my mats nice and clean when doing my final cons cleanup

wet mats always hold a bit of sand / gold but when they dry out and you start handling the mats , it falls out easily . i am sure i have plenty of gold on my factory floor that has dropped out during handling

Today i learnt that it WASNT a good idea to offer my seat to the "pregnant" lady in the waiting room. Thought i was being nice when i offered and she asked why and i replied "well I'm a gentleman and i couldn't let a lady bearing a child stand"!!! F#$%^ me i was just trying to be polite :/ lol

Yeah I hav done that with the same results :( hormones is what I put it down too :8

YellowFever said:
Today i learnt that it WASNT a good idea to offer my seat to the "pregnant" lady in the waiting room. Thought i was being nice when i offered and she asked why and i replied "well I'm a gentleman and i couldn't let a lady bearing a child stand"!!! F#$%^ me i was just trying to be polite :/ lol
lol being a gentleman doesn't get you anywhere these days ;) had a similar experoence on a bus once

Yesterday i learnt not to go out without toilet paper.
The one day I didn't take it was the one day I really needed it.
I went home that afternoon with my shirt missing its sleeves and only one sock :8

Tige said:
Yeah I hav done that with the same results :( hormones is what I put it down too :8

Yes thats probably right mate, i thought she was going to body slam me the way she glared

G0lddigg@ said:
YellowFever said:
lol being a gentleman doesn't get you anywhere these days ;) had a similar experoence on a bus once

Your not wrong there! Appreciation and gratitude is out the window too from what i saw!

Latest posts