What Accessories Do I Need?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gday VicGoldHunter. I take it your going to be metal detecting, if so you need gold type metal detector. What budget have tou got in mind ? Dectors vary greatly in price from maybe $500 to around $9k
Like anything you get what you pay for. If you can tell us roughly where you think you may be detecting like for instance W.A. ir the GT Victoria easrer NSW etc. Also you will need a prospector licence there not expensive but if you don't have one it will cost you hesps. Have a good look around this forum a study study study. Go to a place like Miners den and check out their range of picks there is a bloke on here that mskes them at a reasonable price but his name escapes me atm. You will need a small plastuc scoop as well. Look up metal decting for gold on YouTube as well. If your panning you'll need a good gold pan. Ask questions somwone on here will know the answer for sure.
Good luck. :goldnugget: :pickshovel:

ProspectorPete said:
Bluejeansronald makes the picks, he has a thread in the services offered sectiom. Great picks and worth every cent.
I have one of these picks. It is magnificent. Strong as hell.

Wishfull said:
VicGoldHunter I think your first post was 16th December 2016 ?
You were also looking to get a 4500 or sdc by the looks of your topics. I'm confused, agian nothing new for me there LOL !

Ended up not buying anything untill a couple weeks ago I got myself a terra 705 dual pack but as Im aware its useless for the goldfields

Latest posts