Wet sand finds with the Sdc

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1478610186_image.jpg
Couple of low tide hunts at night over the last few days
Amazed at the congregation of coins, yet no pre decimals?
Dug 43 coins last night in about 2 hours, most were around 6-10 inches deep.

Founds hooks and swivels, only one lead flattened sinker, some nails, a key, zippers etc

Think I still need to get lower in the wave zone to find the true heavies.
Ring is a Pandora 925 and I cleaned it up by electrolysis for 15 min then a baking soda scrub.

Sdc runs great in the wet sand
1478610007_image.jpg
1478610024_image.jpg
1478610042_image.jpg

Some good $$'s reeks, lotta little stones in the ring, nice cleanup job on it ! :p
Looks like the start of a bucket haul going on for you ! 8) :cool:

Great looking ring Reeks, and the sdc2300 works well in the swash speaking from personal experience, you will find plenty with that .

I must apologise , I was laughing at silver and Jaros .

Kind regards

Secret Squirrels said:
Nice finds reeks, and great info. So do you think running night hunts gives a more stable and deeper detecting experience than in the heat of the day?
Might have a slight advantage stability wise, but to be honest it's a different game than snails pace detecting for gold.
A pretty wild (in comparison) swing can be used as most coins even 5c give off a very decent signal.
Hoping a few people have lost there 18k rings in years gone buy

silver said:
Some good $$'s reeks, lotta little stones in the ring, nice cleanup job on it ! :p
Looks like the start of a bucket haul going on for you ! 8) :cool:
Thanks Silver, I've done a bit of beach detecting over the last 2 years, find it a nice way to spend the night for a few hours. This is the 6th ring I've found

I made a basic electrolysis setup last night and was surprised at the shlt that came off the ring.
It was very ordinary looking before the clean.

Latest posts