Weapon of choice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Palmer Digger said:
Yes Mate .. The 'collateral damage' was a shocker though.

I'm lucky I never had to experience it first hand. Ultimate respect to those who did :|

limpalot said:
If you don't mind sprays, I use this mix to reduce a large blackberry down and spray with the better more expensive spray the next year.
Mix is 0.75 lt Glyoserphate, 100 ml wetting agent, dish soap, 0.3 lt Deisel, in 50 lts of water.
You have to spay backwards because it's very slippery, but it knocks down the main growth and you can get at the centre the next year.It kills every thing it hits though.

Sounds like a good mix for a few other things I've got growing around here :) Alas it's not my land, and I'm only looking to clear a small patch at a time, say 10m2. Just enough to work some promising hidden dirt in a single day :)

limpalot said:
Try your Stil agent , look for the 3 blade cutting head, you will have to get a cover plate and nut, about $50-60. It will fit on a normal straight shaft brush cutter. This blade will cut through small shrubs, trees, blackberrys. Be care full and wear eye protection.
Cheers LL

Excellent idea, but unfortunately the stihl I have is a bent shaft :(

jaksdad said:
Checkout biggerboyztoyz.com they had a couple of really good big ass brushcutters for under $500.

Yeah I had a look at them. They have a Honda 4 stroke with a few attachments for around that. Not sure about a 4 stroke cutter though?

Bazz said:
I have a Husky brush cutter with a Husky 350 chainsaw, and on my last mission to clear blackberry shrubs, what the brush cutter didn't get the chainsaw took care of the bigger stuff............

I wouldn't even consider a trimmer on blackberries, unless you wanted to make tidy and pretty :eek:

The deadly duo works for me!!

Cheers

The Husky in my first post has a blade that looks kinda like a lawn mower blade. Looks like a winning combo :)

Thanks for all the great input guys. I'm gonna have a look at Masters, see what they have on offer, then try and pick one out of all the units I've seen so far :)

HERE IS A PIC OF THE BLADE I USE, THE ONE ON THE LEFT IS TOO LITE FOR SCRUB.
1445565616_2015-10-22_001_001-optimized.jpg

Latest posts