We Survived

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all

Well it was a crazy Friday last week.

I have never been in a cyclone before so I wasn't to worried, that was until tiles were falling off the roof garage door was pounding like it was going to just blow straight through the house man hole in garage was sucked up.

It wasn't until we went to check on a couple of things that I realized the town was ripped apart houses just pulled to pieces pretty sad for a few here.

Worst of all all of the older buildings that were damaged now have to be evacuated because of asbestos so lots of people renting are homeless.

Insurance company's wont fix them up they have been condemned. Today is the first day since last Friday we have had power, If you could have seen Ergon and all the crews work in this small town they were unbelievable they have not stopped.

I have a lot of catching up to do who has been where and got what, its great to have some internet.

KIM-MARGARET

Glad to hear you got out relatively ok, but safe which is the main thing. I hope the recovery is quick for the area and you can get back to doing what you all enjoy very soon.

Take care

Westaus.

Good to hear from you again, was only thinking about your absence over the past few days hoping you guys are still safe somewhere.
Hope it all goes well.

Good luck ladies,
stay patient and strong and I hope things work out well for you people north of the borders,
regards Steve :)

Thanks all

We live in Yeppoon and things are slowly getting back to normal, many still dont have power but Ergon and all the helpers that have come in to help are doing an amazing job.

Looking forward to getting out this week-end for a bit of a detect, need some normal back in life.

Cheers all Margaret

Latest posts