We now live in a mad "World"

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Australians who opened this country to the world.
https://australian.museum/about/history/exhibitions/trailblazers/

http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/eyre-edward-john-2032

Maybe we should be remembering our pioneers instead of burying them out of history.

Maybe we should not be allowing paedophile teachers in our primary schools to teach/groom our 3 year old toddlers about sex of any kind.

We should be protecting our history, not letting dead heads re write it.

Look at any Wall Of remembrance and you will see who is/was a real Australian

My world hasn't altered :) if anyone tries to pull me up they hear my interpretation of pc. Hopefully one day one of the cotton wool brigade does, I won't be holding back.

The act of indoctrination against the color of ones skin started of early for some,me included.
For us boomers it was the play ground,remember ennie meenie miny mo,catch a n---- by the toe if he hollars let him go[it's now tigga by the toe,same thing though]
The white knight was always the goodie and the black night the badie ,
The dark side in star wars,the dark ages,the black dog,black cats.
Cow boys and indians,every one wanted to be the cowboy
It's been burnt into our sub conscious that BLACK is bad/evil/not good
There are probably hundreds of other examples out there.
Description of an object that is obviously black or white in color,not an issue,black hole, blackboard,white board etc.
In reality it wont be a bad thing to remove these color descriptions from our present and future teachings/advertising.
That's my two bobs worth [sorry bob :lol: ]

Black and bad has no connection with black skinned people.

Black became the colour of mourning, and over the centuries it was frequently associated with death, evil, witches and magic. According to surveys in Europe and North America, it is the color most commonly associated with mourning, the end, secrets, magic, force, violence, evil, and elegance.

It does not matter what your skin colour is; There is good an dad in all of us.

greyhound said:
The act of indoctrination against the color of ones skin started of early for some,me included.
For us boomers it was the play ground,remember ennie meenie miny mo,catch a n---- by the toe if he hollars let him go[it's now tigga by the toe,same thing though]
The white knight was always the goodie and the black night the badie ,
The dark side in star wars,the dark ages,the black dog,black cats.
Cow boys and indians,every one wanted to be the cowboy
It's been burnt into our sub conscious that BLACK is bad/evil/not good
There are probably hundreds of other examples out there.
Description of an object that is obviously black or white in color,not an issue,black hole, blackboard,white board etc.
In reality it wont be a bad thing to remove these color descriptions from our present and future teachings/advertising.
That's my two bobs worth [sorry bob :lol: ]
I agree but the morality police trying to make people feel guilty ( not you) when they use words that are not intended to offend in any way is counter productive. I know what it's like to be descriminated against. I was born with cranio facial deformities that grew worse as I developed and as a boy could not go any where with out being teased and humiliated, even beaten up now and then but I grew a thick skin grew bigger and learnt how to fight. I am still here today living a good life now. Getting upset about some of the words mentioned is rediculous. I feel this is pushed by the media more than anything.

I don't usually like to get into these discussions. I'm neither for or against. Just throwing another spanner in here. hahahaha

Jordan Peterson has a, lets say different perspective and he puts it in the right context.

Look him up and watch some of his discussions with the other side. He is highly intelligent and makes his point.

The below is from the Wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Peterson

Jordan Bernt Peterson (born June 12, 1962) is a Canadian clinical psychologist and a professor of psychology at the University of Toronto. He began to receive widespread attention in the late 2010s for his outspoken views on cultural and political issues.

Postmodernism and identity politics
Peterson says that "disciplines like women's studies should be defunded," advising freshman students to avoid subjects like sociology, anthropology, English literature, ethnic studies, and racial studies, as well as other fields of study that he believes are corrupted by the neo-Marxist ideology.[77][78][79] He believes these fields to propagate cult-like behaviour and safe-spaces, under the pretense of academic inquiry.[78][77] Peterson had proposed a website using artificial intelligence to identify ideologization in specific courses, but postponed the project in November 2017 as "it might add excessively to current polarization."[80][81]

In regard to identity politics, while the "left plays them on behalf of the oppressed, let's say, and the right tends to play them on behalf of nationalism and ethnic pride," he considers them "equally dangerous" and that what should be emphasized, instead, are individualism and individual responsibility.[82] He has also been prominent in the debate about cultural appropriation, stating that the concept promotes self-censorship in society and journalism.[83]

Peterson's perspectives on the influence of postmodernism on North American humanities departments have been compared to Cultural Marxist conspiracy theories.[36][84][85][86] Due to his opposition against progressive identity politics, several writers have associated Peterson with the "Intellectual Dark Web," including Bari Weiss, who was among the first to bring this characterization of him into recognition.

Let's all go for a "golden world"
Gold nugget, golden syrup, golden boy, gold medal, goldbeater, goldbricks,goldcrests, goldeneyes, goldenness, goldenrods, goldenseal, goldfields,goldfishes, goldilocks, goldminers,
goldsmiths.

OOPS! The PC police will be onto me for not mentioning "golden girl."
If the world hasn't gone mad I sure have................

Latest posts