Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to fit my walbanker out to the gem/gold version today. Instead of finding some catwalk mesh I decided to make my own with some 310mm aluminum that is easily available to me.
Basically I just drew a pattern. Made some andled cuts 1.5mm deep, bent them with pliers, riveted them together and wahlah.
Still some work to do but I reckon it will work.
1394790028_img_2014031415953.jpg

1394790068_img_2014031431926.jpg

1394790105_img_2014031441867.jpg

Greglz86 said:
Decided to fit my walbanker out to the gem/gold version today. Instead of finding some catwalk mesh I decided to make my own with some 310mm aluminum that is easily available to me.
Basically I just drew a pattern. Made some andled cuts 1.5mm deep, bent them with pliers, riveted them together and wahlah.
Still some work to do but I reckon it will work.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/598/1394790028_img_2014031415953.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/598/1394790068_img_2014031431926.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/598/1394790105_img_2014031441867.jpg

What a fantastic idea. Well done.

Thanks. I thought I might try something else that would be an easy compromise for people that cant get hold of the catwalk mesh.
Lets hope it works :)

Ill b going out for a dig tomorrow morning. I will take a camera and do a bit of video, of my version of a highbanker, with wals crate riffles.
NoPray u might b a bit wide for ur builge pump, my pump is rated 1100gph, I go from about 170mm to 150mm wide. my rules I follow are. big slick area at start to get water speed up, taper ur box, wide at start and narrow at end, about 1" taper over my 4 foot box, to keep the water speed up along length of box. Longer the box the better. Width is up to amount of water u have. I try for about 10mm deep over wals crate riffles. Angle/drop is up to the type of dirt u digging, keep ur crate riffles about half full or just under, don't let them over fill.
Ps my box is a mini, and in no way designed for huge turnover of dirt, I build it just for fun and portability.
Hope this helps a little.
Peter :)

Ok. So failed experiment so far :/
Tried to take a short cut and cut it to its finished size on a drop saw. Im glad I was wearing my safety glasses 8)
I would have been bettet ooff cutting it with an angle grinder
1394847803_img_201403150690.jpg

Maybe try a set of bolt cutters next time, should be more than ample to cut al flat bar like that and far safer.

I took my walbanker out for another day, did about 10X 30 litre buckets dirt :) it was hot 38C . on cleanout I never seen so much black magnetic sand, proberly 1 bucket+ 1 spec gold re paned many times :lol: hope my gold holes open next weekend :)

Hi Wal

Im collecting all the material for your High Banker design . I visted Bunnings today and asked them about the matting with "backing"

The guy said the Toowoomba store didnt stock that type . He said if I could track down the code , he should be able to order it in .

Its probably a long shot , but I thought I would ask you if you knew it .

thanks

Pete

Pete, I got a house back door mat from bunnings, I think Wal does the same. Have a look in the floor mat isle u should find what ur looking 4. I don't know if u can buy it by the mtr off a roll, I'd say u would b able to from Clark rubber or somewhere else like that. :)

Also give BigW a go.
I bought mine from them after searching the South Coast.
Right here in Bega under my nose. LOL

$10.00 each and your choice of color.
I got earthly brown. :) :) :)

SuperP and Tathradj

Thanks guys , I will check out both of those .

Have you been sluicing a long time ? and how has it been lately ?

cheers

Pete

I usually let it run for a min or so without feeding into it then off the pump before disassembling the riffles roll up the carpet place in bucket which is under the end of the sluice and use either a second bucket or my pan to rinse the rest out of the sluice into the bucket rinse matting out in the bucket shaking all the trapped pay out into the water in the bucket, once it's clean put the Matting back into and reassemble the sluice/high banker :)
Cheers

Pete the Pan said:
Im collecting all the material for your High Banker design . I visted Bunnings today and asked them about the matting with "backing"
The guy said the Toowoomba store didnt stock that type . He said if I could track down the code , he should be able to order it in.

Hey Pete ...

I got the 60x90 mat --> http://www.bunnings.com.au/bayliss-60-x-90cm-ultimat-medium-synthetic-mat_p4490685
Hope that helps -- note the Bunnings product number in my link (which is the one Wal generally uses)
See this post by Wal --> https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=46493

Cheers,
Dave E :cool:

Pete the Pan said:
Hi Wal

The guy said the Toowoomba store didnt stock that type . He said if I could track down the code , he should be able to order it in .

Its probably a long shot , but I thought I would ask you if you knew it .

thanks

Pete

Daves quote above covers it mate, That's the one I use.

Cheers Wal.