Walcha area detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All
Recently i was detecting in a area west of Walca in NSW where gold was discovered and mined by the Chinese.
The gully is named Chinamans Gully
I was wondering if the gold source is from that formation.
1620442228_screenshot_20201027-153020.jpg

1620442263_screenshot_20210102-084655.jpg

Edit:Giving info on areas will have it torn to pieces. Try and keep it to yourself...In case you get lucky. :(

henrynjoy said:
Hi All
Recently i was detecting in a area west of Walca in NSW where gold was discovered and mined by the Chinese.
The gully is named Chinamans Gully
We detected the gully up stream from the Congi River of which it seams they made a hard right turn as can be seen in the google earth pic.
Looking at the picture a rock formation can be clearly seen on top of the hill which must be 80 meters or more high
I was wondering if the gold source is from that formation.

Just guessing, but probably not. If that rock formation was the source, I reckon it wouldn't be an 80 metres or more high hill, it'd be an 80 metres or more deep pit!

You need to find a geological map of the area, which should give you more info on what's happening in the rocks below the surface features shown on Google Earth.

Latest posts