Wal Banker Sole Agents.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Wal
Now I gotta ask you - what's the best pump to get for the Walbanker and how much will one cost?
I don't know and I'm sure a few others would like to know as well.
Thanks
UB

Thanks Nugget

Digger Dude was saying that the Hondas are made in China now - so are any pumps not made in China? 8)

$550 is a bargain when you put it in gold terms, will pay for itself in no time, Chuck in some gems for the ball and chains and its a super deal.

Uncle Bob said:
Thanks Nugget

Digger Dude was saying that the Hondas are made in China now - so are any pumps not made in China? 8)

My pump states it was made in Thailand. I can assure anyone looking to purchase this pump that build quality is second to none.

penfooey said:
WalnLiz said:
Uncle Bob said:
Hi Wal,

got any photo's of this Walbanker of yours that's on for sale at Detecta Den, Canberra.?

Thanks,
Uncle Bob

Traveling to WA at the moment and will put a pic up of this particular banker as soon as I get back to Canberra. The crate is slightly shorter, and the expanded slightly longer, with a 600 slick plate, and is what i recommend for the severest regions of ironstone and magnetite.

It will process as quickly as 2 men can shovel, and is what I regard as suitable for the semi professional or serious prospector who needs to shift volume.

Cheers Wal.
Wal we used your HB at Tuena and after a bit of stuffing around, controlling the level and the water flow, we were actually seeing gold in the top section under the expanded. Only a couple of times did we find gold in the mat. As there is a large amount of ironstone, we'll go ahead and change our set up to the 600 slick and reduce the crate length for use at Tuena. We've now got three set ups for our Walbanker. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your WA trip both of you. :)

Under the expanded in the boiler section is where 99% of the gold should be mate....only the flour gold gets to the crate. ;)

WalnLiz said:
penfooey said:
WalnLiz said:
Uncle Bob said:
Hi Wal,

got any photo's of this Walbanker of yours that's on for sale at Detecta Den, Canberra.?

Thanks,
Uncle Bob

Traveling to WA at the moment and will put a pic up of this particular banker as soon as I get back to Canberra. The crate is slightly shorter, and the expanded slightly longer, with a 600 slick plate, and is what i recommend for the severest regions of ironstone and magnetite.

It will process as quickly as 2 men can shovel, and is what I regard as suitable for the semi professional or serious prospector who needs to shift volume.

Cheers Wal.
Wal we used your HB at Tuena and after a bit of stuffing around, controlling the level and the water flow, we were actually seeing gold in the top section under the expanded. Only a couple of times did we find gold in the mat. As there is a large amount of ironstone, we'll go ahead and change our set up to the 600 slick and reduce the crate length for use at Tuena. We've now got three set ups for our Walbanker. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your WA trip both of you. :)

Under the expanded in the boiler section is where 99% of the gold should be mate....only the flour gold gets to the crate. ;)
Yes, we only found a few small specks in the mat. We kept saying 'hope we don't find any in the mat, we've found it in the boiler section' so that means the Walbanker is doing it's job - we've had a good learning curve and Banksy and Ryan particularly helped with level and water flow.

i Wal nLiz.
Bought your Wal Banker from DetectaDen.
I have a couple of queries.

The one I bought has 45 degree aluminium mesh. You say not to use that use 90 degree walkway mesh?
Second. The gold capture area with the bread crate on top is 35cm long rather than your specified 58cm?
Is this correct or have I bought a dud? Doesnt look like a big enough area to capture all the gold as is only just over half as long. :)

Thanks

Hi Brocky0984

Yes you have the real deal if you got it from DetectaDen. Wal works closely with DetectaDen in relation to the WalBanker. The open day the other week Wal showed me all over the WalBanker and it is as you describe, he did make mention that he had modified some things from the original design. If you want to see it in action come to the the Canberra Connection get together next weekend, Wal and lots of others will be there. :)

brocky0984 said:
i Wal nLiz.
Bought your Wal Banker from DetectaDen.
I have a couple of queries.

The one I bought has 45 degree aluminium mesh. You say not to use that use 90 degree walkway mesh?
Second. The gold capture area with the bread crate on top is 35cm long rather than your specified 58cm?
Is this correct or have I bought a dud? Doesnt look like a big enough area to capture all the gold as is only just over half as long. :)

Thanks

G'day brocky,

The original ones on the forum are a combo set up with the catwalk mesh substituted for better Sapphire collection. I have about 5 different variations to cover the specific regions i work, and they are all slightly varied to suit these regions. The units and the configuration I use in the ones I sell personally are optimized to best cover all situations with the one set up.

You won't find species or "crate vs expanded" dimensions on the forum for the "personal bankers" I use, as they are only for "Original Walbankers", and not DIY versions. The species on the forum work extremely well, but the original "Walbankers" are personally tuned for maximum efficiency. If you got one from Detecta Den you will have the same one I use and recommend. ;)

If you get a chance to get to the Oallen outing you will see the "Original" ones in use and possibly some DIY versions to compare it to. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. ;) If you can't get to the outing the comparisons on all the different bankers will be caught on video, and you will be able too see them in action on the WalnLiz YouTube channel shortly after the outing.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal for getting back to me so quickly.

It was just that you are so specific on the UTube video that the expanded aluminium should deffinately be the 90 degree kind rather than the 45 degree that I have in mine.
And then when I saw that the mat to capture the gold was only 35cm long rather than the 58cm in your other posts I got a bit ansy.

Thanks heaps other than that these ones are top quality and am really looking forward to getting out there with it and giving it a try. Just tossing up now on what pump to buy. Wish I could get to Oallen this weekend but have to move house unfortunately but my club (parramatta prospecting club) will there and I am sure I will get a report.
Looking forward to the videos next week.

Thanks Again
Brocky

brocky0984 said:
Thanks Wal for getting back to me so quickly.

It was just that you are so specific on the UTube video that the expanded aluminium should deffinately be the 90 degree kind rather than the 45 degree that I have in mine.
And then when I saw that the mat to capture the gold was only 35cm long rather than the 58cm in your other posts I got a bit ansy.

Thanks heaps other than that these ones are top quality and am really looking forward to getting out there with it and giving it a try. Just tossing up now on what pump to buy. Wish I could get to Oallen this weekend but have to move house unfortunately but my club (parramatta prospecting club) will there and I am sure I will get a report.
Looking forward to the videos next week.

Thanks Again
Brocky

No probs Brocky. The mat and the crate are the last resort section to catch extremely fine flour gold. You will find that 99% of the gold is under the expanded section as this is where all the displacement of heavies occurs. If you're in an area like Grabben Gullen where 90% of your endeavors will be Sapphires you can swap the sloped expanded for Catwalk mesh, and I do this myself for this type of area.

Tuena and the like, where there's huge amounts of ironstone, requires sloped expanded for maximum efficiency. That's why the various combos. The one you purchased will give you the "best overall results" without having to take several replacement meshes with you.

Make sure you purchase a Pump that can deliver at least 200L/m, as less than this will not be efficient enough for the volume of the banker.

You say the Parramatta Prospecting Club will be at Oallen the same weekend as us. :eek: ...Hope I somehow misread that Brocky. :| Might need to get there early to secure our camping spot, as we prefer to keep our activities focused on our particular group, without intervention from other groups. ;)

G'day Wal I'm looking at getting one of your Wal bankers for gems , is there a specific model I should be looking at getting , I'm a genuine newby and have no idea , but it's the other half who loves the stone hunting , so I'm keen to get a specific model that you would use for sapphires etc , any and all info you could provide would be greatly appreciated
Cheers Olmate

Olmate, mate type into the search "walbanker" there are threads dedicated to the walbanker. id put the thread thingy to this post but i cant figure out how to do it,LOL

Olmate said:
G'day Wal I'm looking at getting one of your Wal bankers for gems , is there a specific model I should be looking at getting , I'm a genuine newby and have no idea , but it's the other half who loves the stone hunting , so I'm keen to get a specific model that you would use for sapphires etc , any and all info you could provide would be greatly appreciated
Cheers Olmate

Send me a PM Olmate, and I'll go through the various options with you as there is 5 different combos I use depending on the areas I'm prospecting and the particular wash types I'm targeting. If I'm specializing on Sapphires only at locations like GG then I use the catwalk mesh and shake the banker like a Jig. Tumbarrumba region where there's a good amount of gold with the Sapphires, I use sloped expanded tuned to this particular area.

It's unfortunately not a mater of one set up will best suit all locations when you throw sapphires into the equation. You will need to compromise, so if you PM me I'll go through the best compromise for the regions you intend to prospect.

Cheers Wal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts