WA patrol lease

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi fellas, want swing around Grants Creek WA, I am sure it's on Alice downs station. The area is 40ks east of Halls Creek. How do I contact station. Looked up pastoral leases WA, no luck. Anyone know how to contact owners.

Polky

From BOM radar Alice downs don't apear to be east off halls creek

1463905361_capture.png

Hi Polky
I pasted this direct from the DMP site.

When prospecting on a pastoral lease you must take all reasonable and practical steps to notify the pastoralist. This can be in person, by mail or telephone, giving details of where you plan to operate and for how long. You can obtain the address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses of the pastoralist by contacting any of DMPs Mining Registrar offices (see contact list at back of this booklet). This is the only authoritative source for this information and is only released under the terms of a Memorandum of Understanding between the Department of Mines and Petroleum and the Department of Lands

Consider joining the Amalgamated Prospectors & Leaseholders Assoc of WA. See their website for details, you can join over the net.
Not only are they fighting for us against the big mining companies and bureaucrats, they also have a pro form letter for us to send out to pastoralists and have a $20 million public liability policy for members.
Some mining companies and pastoralists require APLA membership before granting access, although membership doesn't mean automatic access. There are also very informative newsletters sent out.

I will email you when I'm closer to your area.

Hi fellas, thanks for the info, grubstake have emailed station manager.
The areas I intened to swing are grants patch,dry creek,round hill,kattys yard, will
camp at John Porkes camp which is appro 10kms north east of Alice Downs.
The other area iam keen on, will spend 4 days here. Is the Dry Creek area which is
32km north of HC past the abandoned ding dong hmstd. Then 10 ks to area to swing and camp.
Will be in the halls creek area from the 10th to the 25th, hope to have a buorbon with some
of you fellas, and a swing.

thanks again Polky

polky said:
The areas I intened to swing are grants patch,dry creek,round hill,kattys yard, will
The other area iam keen on, will spend 4 days here. Is the Dry Creek area which is
32km north of HC past the abandoned ding dong hmstd. Then 10 ks to area to swing and camp.
Will be in the halls creek area from the 10th to the 25th, hope to have a buorbon with some

thanks again Polky

Polky
Mate l
Doing some research my self on that area as its close to where I live, how did you find the area mate, easy to access.
Cheers

Bulkhaul1 said:
polky said:
The areas I intend to swing are grants patch,dry creek,round hill,kattys yard, will
The other area i am keen on, will spend 4 days here. Is the Dry Creek area which is
Will be in the halls creek area from the 10th to the 25th, hope to have a Bourbon with some

Thanks again Polky

Polky
Mate l
Doing some research my self on that area as its close to where I live, how did you find the area mate, easy to access.
Cheers

Hi Bulkhaul1,

You should notify the pastoralists but this area is under an exploration lease therefore you must apply for a 40e permit to prospect there.

1613284410_grants_creek.jpg

Moneybox
Mate thanks for the heads up.
Im working my way through the new tengraph version now, the last time I used tengraph it was a easier version to use and I knew exactly how to plot the 10 blocks for the 40e permit.
Ill get there eventually.
Its probably a place well gone over, but its kinda remote so worth a shot.

Latest posts