Visiting Family In Sydney in January Looking to do some prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit,
My security software goes nut's on photo bucket. :mad:
Way, Way to much crap trying to filch your email address. 8)
Too much advertising. :lol:
How about posting some piccy's on here. :D

1417327185_phpg9jw1e_c3pm.jpg

Hi Kevin

Welcome to the room

There are plenty of good suggestions above , a bit closer to the day we can pick out the best location and we should be able to put you in a spot where you can take home some yellow

There will be no shortage of options

Looking forward to it :D

Kevin

regarding the location for your trip , it will be weather / rainfall dependent

some places have good gold but may have no water in the river , or may have just pools of water that require material to be carted closer to the pool for processing.

there are other options with plenty of water but the gold is micron fine there

give us a reminder 10 - 14 days prior and we can weigh up the best options :)

Cant suggest Oallen HeadsUp as I think CaliG wants to hit nuggety Gold. I think either Meroo, Long Creek or Tuena would have to be the pick of the public areas available.

thanks guys!! been super busy with work. i can't belive we are a just over a month away. look forward to meeting you guys and finding some gold. all my prospecting buddy's are really jealous. it rained here for the first time in a long time here and now the desert is to wet to do any dry washing so the next time i go prospecting might be there in Australia.

Oh man this trip is coming up fast, looks like prospecting will be Jan 23rd-25th, hope this helps, looking forward to getting there and digging, of all the great thing we have planned this is what i am looking forward to the most, my wife looks at me like i am crazy she said you want to travel half way around the world and dig in the ground in 100 deg+ weather on your vacation?? My response was, i wish i would do it the whole 2 weeks if i could.

Thanks everyone again, can't wait to meet you and get out and get some gold.

great attitude to have there mate, hope the gold gods smile upon you when you get down under

Hi,if you are passing TUENA GOLDFIELD on your way to hillend drop in to the caravan park,
There are heaps of spots to have a look for some nice flood gold,and you also have a detect
you are quite welcome to use my highbanker pans and detector for your stay...
CHeers Goldrocs
Dave...

Goldrocs said:
Hi,if you are passing TUENA GOLDFIELD on your way to hillend drop in to the caravan park,
There are heaps of spots to have a look for some nice flood gold,and you also have a detect
you are quite welcome to use my highbanker pans and detector for your stay...
CHeers Goldrocs
Dave...

Caligold , this offer from Dave is a pretty good offer . He has been doing this for donkeys years and knows some of the better spots around the state.

Yep Crevice sucker. Tuena is as good a place as any , and having someone with experience around there is a big bonus. Some good gold can be found in the streams as well as detecting ..

Goldrocs, thanks for the invite a lot of people seem to agree that is a great spot. i send you a message you can also email me at [email protected].
Thanks

Also here is a photo of some gold i found out on our Claim last monday, i was sick and the temp was only 10-20 deg above freezing so i didn't run much, but was happy with what i found.

1420193048_high5gold.jpg

Would then 6th, 7th and 8th of February be too much to ask?
I have put the feelers out for a meetup at Oallen Ford that is going to happen and which is about 3 hours west of Sydney if you are interested mate.
Gold is flour stuff but a bloody lot of it so if you are up for it and it is not too hot, Please come on down...

Tathradj, sorry man, I leave on the 28th. My window is the 19th-27th, I know it's not a big window I wish I had longer. Thanks

This is a first test pan result of a Tuena trip, an indication of whats out there the wife was able to pick it out of the pan.

1420244345_hanoftuena2.jpg

Not many places offer this size gold to be had just panning.

Yeah I mentioned somewhere else on the forum about an old German fella from the Sydney club I was in found a 1ounce piece there crevicing. Not saying thats what is normal but certainly shows the potential the place has :)

Hi everyone.
I have just joined and will be honest up front - I have no idea of how to prospect but my partner and I are keen to learn all there is to know about prospecting and its history as well...We are in Sydney and looking to head out in a couple of weeks. Not sure where to go but from what I can see on here, Bathurst region appears to be the go? would that be right. Is anyone able to give me any suggestions on what we will need etc. We have a "panning kit" but obviously need much more. Thanks. By the way. It has been really nice reading the threads - you all seem so welcoming and friendly - it is very pleasant to read.

Teesha

Twapster and GaryO, from what you are telling and showing me i should find nothing smaller than small pickers and big ass nuggets.

Well its all official we will be at the Tuena caravan park from Jan 23rd to the 25th, even got my Aussie Family to come out camping for the weekend, i don't know if they ever been camping, they were on Facebook asking friends to borrow camping gear.
I hope a bunch of you can make it out that weekend, look forward to prospecting Aussie style there in a few weeks, which probably isn't a lot different than how we do it in the states, maybe on the other side of the river?

Thanks
Kevin

Latest posts