Victoria Bendigo dream cheap 3 day trip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys Brisbane guys is your dream to do gold prospecting Victoria Bendigo areas well here is your chance I am driving from Brisbane to Melbourne then ferry to Tassie from 12th to 19th August then Melbourne to Vic Bendigo 20th to 23rd then driving back to Brisbane so checked a flight to Melbourne on 20th on 20th for $108 hope in my car accommodation 80 plus food so your cheap price trip is under $300 to gold prospecting Victoria Bendigo areas hit me up

You might do better with backpackers. I think anyone wanting to travel from QLD to Vic for a prospecting holiday would already have plans sorted, I don't like your chances but you never can tell.

goldinbrisbane said:
Ok guys Brisbane guys is your dream to do gold prospecting Victoria Bendigo areas well here is your chance I am driving from Brisbane to Melbourne then ferry to Tassie from 12th to 19th August then Melbourne to Vic Bendigo 20th to 23rd then driving back to Brisbane so checked a flight to Melbourne on 20th on 20th for $108 hope in my car accommodation 80 plus food so your cheap price trip is under $300 to gold prospecting Victoria Bendigo areas hit me up

Not quite sure what this about.
Are you offering services?
Are you offering transport?

Cheers HH

Mate, sounds like you are organised so maybe best if you stick to going by yourself, odds are that would be less hassle than having a stranger/sidekick along for the ride.
Good luck with the plan & travel safe.

Thanks guys I have been prospecting Queensland and Nsw since 1993 for topaz and sapphires and now doing gold also last 3 years I now regularly prospect Tasmania 2 to 3 times a year as have family beach house in South arm Hobart. Funny thing guys don't get is that Tasmania was once joined to Victoria and there good gold north east Tasmania even on the beach prospecting and perfect for smaller coils gold monsters and SDC. But this time on way home to Brisbane I am stopping in to Victoria Bendigo gold areas for few days my first time trying Victoria so only stopping in to sample a few spots . But thanks guys i will enjoy my trip

Hey guys I'll be In creswick near slaty creek on 20th and 21st has the creek got any water in it at the moment

Yes.

Creswick forecast this week - yuck!

1566101085_creswick.jpg

goldinbrisbane said:
Hey guys I'll be In creswick near slaty creek on 20th and 21st has the creek got any water in it at the moment
Hello, how did your trip go?

goldinbrisbane said:
With all the rain and snow we had theres no problem.

1566608901_20190820_135336.jpg
1566608847_20190820_135405.jpg
Yes Ward69 my first time trying Victoria was great creswick Ballarat was beautiful green moss everywhere big quarts everywhere creek was running was hard prospecting with my 8 month old blue heeler which after a day was over it she hated the cold and rain . We travelled from Brisbane to Narrabri then to Lake Talbot then to Melbourne then over ferry to Tassie for week then back over to Ballarat she wasn't cold till Ballarat lol great prospecting place Creswick 2 days staying at great dog friendly motel called Woodmans hill motel in Ballarat before dog and I drove back from Ballarat to Dubbo few hours sleep in car then from Dubbo to Brisbane long journey but great adventure

Sounds like an amazing trip goldinbrisbane! Hope you struck it lucky during your travels. Please give dog a pat for us!

Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the Victorian gold fields? How do they compare with Queensland?

Panny McGee said:
Sounds like an amazing trip goldinbrisbane! Hope you struck it lucky during your travels. Please give dog a pat for us!

Just out of curiosity, what did you think of the Victorian gold fields? How do they compare with Queensland?

Gday Panny. I can give you my amazing account on Queensland vs Victoria After learning all about prospecting at Karara for 18 months vs lived in Ballarat for 50years Now applying that learning to Ballarat. You can still find gold at both places. Its all about researching and more researching, reading the ground, water is the key.

I enjoyed the Ballarat creswick areas there is great gold there the Creek has water and as ward69 said I also prospect karara and thanes Warwick area mostly but very dry is hard to get gold when dry. But I looked at Bendigo and decided on creswick Ballarat better ground I thought

PANNY IT WAS because of your video at slaty creek that I tired slaty creek as you man sent me info so and liked the area compared to Bendigo but I enjoyed Ballarat my poor puppy didn't like the cold water was hard doing it while holding a dog leash but it was her first trip stayed at woodmans hill motel was pet friendly and nice place

Goldinbrisbane: Aww poor puppy! She's not the only one who finds the water cold at Slaty either! Hope she recovered quickly though..

Awesome to hear that our videos were so inspiring! Thanks so much for the feedback :) I'm glad you got the chance to go there in person and check it out for yourself. Its such a beautiful area and has always been our favourite place to hone our panning skills, to learn about the area while exploring.

Ward69:
Would love to hear about your experiences in both areas, and I agree, it's definitely all about the research. We're still learning how to prospect and really appreciate any and all advice. One of the other things I really love about this lifestyle is the fact that the community involved is so happy to share info and advice.

I also love learning about the history of these amazing places and the way things were done so many years ago.

Keep watch out for two blokes stuffing around in the bush . Topic. Its not all about the gold , but how they live, when I come back , theres a lot more photos and videos. Theres so much to learn, by ready the ground

Latest posts