Very short almost meaningless Pub story of Kato & boyfriend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So some of you know of my daughter Kato, she's 14yrs old and recently exposed a liking for a young man,
a skinny lad, quiet and a little shy, of German heritage, but can take a good joke.
In the same year but not the same class of the same High School.

She is much more mature than her friends and can be a little intimidating on that level, mainly to her teachers,
but the lad asked her out and she did like him, so said yes.

They talk a lot but cant always find things to do.
One day I asked if he played 8 ball and he had just started playing at a friends place, so I suggested that they try a few games
at the local Pub across the road from his house.
We dont have an 8 ball table.

In SA, this is quite legal for them to be in a Pub alone without an adult, as long as they do not ask for or receive alcohol.
Called the Manager to confirm, took my kids to the Pub and played some 8 ball, made sure Kato knew where everything was and
how to order a coke, food and get change.
Any trouble call for the manager or me.

They actually do this every now and then, they play and talk.
Who wins ?

Kato slams the poor guy, she has been playing almost as long as she has been detecting, age 2 or 3, and her skills are not bad.
Occasionally she lets him win.

But to his credit, he seems to be a perfect gentleman and not at all stressed by his losses, its just a bit more time with Kato ;)

They often play when others are using the other table, never any problems, I think that is because she has 'confidence' while in the environment.

Tennis or squash next if she has time for him outside of her Soccer on Saturdays. :)

Latest posts