Very keen but very new

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day everyone,
I live in the Central West and there is a lot of gold around here. Also a lot of security and barbed wire fences. So for my birthday marking 60 years my wife bought me a Minelab metal detector. Being new I had no where to go that I might get lucky. We recently went to Tasmania and of course I took the minelab and this is when I made my first find. Not gold - I found Tin in its natural form. I am now totally hooked and will be chasing that illusive gold.

My last trip out was in the Toowoomba region. I was told to go to Murphys Creek and I found a great spot in a creek. I was there about an hour when this guy came up to me and asked how I was doing. After I told him that I had found nothing he told me that he came to this area himself and after a couple of years found nothing but barbed wire. This is when I showed him the wire I had found.

So hoping by joining this forum I can one day realise my dream to find gold. I have already discovered that information on where to find gold is a closely kept secret and of course it would be. I apologise in advance for my future post - I am not tech savvy - its an age thing. I have tried to post an avatar but I am being told the pic is too big.

Mooandroo said:
G'day everyone,
I live in the Central West and there is a lot of gold around here. Also a lot of security and barbed wire fences. So for my birthday marking 60 years my wife bought me a Minelab metal detector. Being new I had no where to go that I might get lucky. We recently went to Tasmania and of course I took the minelab and this is when I made my first find. Not gold - I found Tin in its natural form. I am now totally hooked and will be chasing that illusive gold.

My last trip out was in the Toowoomba region. I was told to go to Murphys Creek and I found a great spot in a creek. I was there about an hour when this guy came up to me and asked how I was doing. After I told him that I had found nothing he told me that he came to this area himself and after a couple of years found nothing but barbed wire. This is when I showed him the wire I had found.

So hoping by joining this forum I can one day realise my dream to find gold. I have already discovered that information on where to find gold is a closely kept secret and of course it would be. I apologise in advance for my future post - I am not tech savvy - its an age thing. I have tried to post an avatar but I am being told the pic is too big.
Click and install this image optimiser link :Y:
Then any pictures you want on forum right click in your desktop and click optimise it will resize them for loading :Y:

Look at the top left corner of your screen, a symbol should be highlighted in gold if you have pm. Thats your PM inbox ( personal messages ) click on it mate. :)

Sorry Mudgee hunter - no messages can't even find the meet up section you mentioned earlier. :p

Bugga, that might have something to do with the need to do a ten posts criteria thing, just keep posting to get your ten up, at least they dont make you ride a goat naked down the main street to join....
that was embarrassing..... haha :D
your up to 4 posts, !!!

Welcome Mooandroo, I also had trouble with Avatar as it stated it was too big and it only took 172x172. First I saved picture to desktop. Then Double click on photo on Desktop. Click once on edit, Click on properties, click resize then put in dimensions 172 then press resize and this should be the right size for your avatar.

Moo mate, ya gotta join in the conversations to get those first 10 posts up in order to access the secret magical forum areas ,.... so just answer any queries people may have, and feel free to ask questions too. Sometimes open ended questions can help too.
So, how do you fell about all that ? :)

Hi mate. I too have just bought a ML and to prepare for my next trip to the goldfields ive watched a lot of youtube vids especially on my 4500. I suggest you get on there and search "Minelab gold". His vids are excellent. Good luck.

AUJourney

Thanks for that buddy - I knew there was a way of doing it just did not know how.

@Silver

Will do buddy and I am hoping the replies I am making will go towards the count. And of course will have to wait 90 seconds between post

The following errors need to be corrected before the message can be posted:
At least 90 seconds have to pass between posts. Please wait 10 seconds and try posting again. :eek:

Hi all another NEWY to the site, although have been reading it for quite a while,in central victoria and have a sdc 2300. Hoping to break my "DUCK" soon and find something other than shot gun pellets and rusty nails , but am enjoying the challenge.

Latest posts