VEGE PATCH. What's growing in yours?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big pick last night :cool:
1582275199_20200221_182908_compress86.jpg

Wishfull said:
Good job !
Any tips ?
Fertilisers etc.

Hey Wishfull. I grow all my tomatoes from seed. Over the years I have found what I like and what produces well for me so I tend to mostly grow those varieties. I've found in the past the store bought ones can be a bit hit and miss. But that was many many years ago.

Weed control for the first few weeks is a must. Once the plants take, weed control is not too important but they do shit me.

As for other stuff I grow, most of it is from purchased seedlings. I do use farm grade fertiliser but in moderation, otherwise the tomatoes turn into watermelons. :p

The only other thing I do is plant my tomato seedlings on a handful of lime. I was told to do this by an old bloke years ago who grew amazing tomatoes. How effective this is I'm not sure as I usually plant about 50% on the lime and other with no lime and the results do not vary that much.

If you want seed hit me up with a pm. Happy to send you some.

All the best.

Wow you must like being burnt from all them chilli's :lol:

Burnt going in and burnt coming back out ouch ouch

Goody :)

goody2shoes said:
Wow you must like being burnt from all them chilli's :lol:

Burnt going in and burnt coming back out ouch ouch

Goody :)
I don't eat chilli everyday, a lot of them are ending up as compost. Not enough of one variety to sell, next year :cool:

Latest posts