VEGE PATCH. What's growing in yours?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked a red one to have a look..
1581406777_20200211_173502_compress98.jpg

1581406800_20200211_173620_compress15.jpg

I've got an overload of beans this year as per normal. In the past I have preserved them but not this year.
Just getting ready to cook up this batch with some homegrown tomatoes and zucchinis.

If anyone around the Werribee area would like some pm me and come over and pick your own. They are getting a bit stiff but they are stringless. You may even get a tomato if you are lucky. :p :p

1581408636_20200211_183751.jpg

1581408636_20200211_182827.jpg

1581408637_20200211_182816.jpg

Hard Luck said:
The only reason this bird got on the fence is because I let orange cat into the patch, before that it was following me around as I was picking tommies. I am going to humanely trap it and take it to the whoever it is that looks after these dirtbags.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4748/1581501925_20200212_200222.jpg

Looks like a Indian minor, their creator is a very good keeper. Savage destructive and not worthy of any care in my opinion the more that are deposed of the better. Easy to trap so long as the trap is built right, they love the colour red. Once trapped leave it well alone and only attend it with the cover of darkness, they are as cunning as a fox. If you try to take charge during daylight hours the rest of the family will avoid the area where you place the trap, still in view but cunning to the point of avoiding the trap.

Hard Luck said:
The only reason this bird got on the fence is because I let orange cat into the patch, before that it was following me around as I was picking tommies. I am going to humanely trap it and take it to the whoever it is that looks after these dirtbags.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4748/1581501925_20200212_200222.jpg

It looks like a Starling to me HL,
Heres an address to try and get it looked after.

Mr Remington,
12 G
Long barrel road
Birdshot 9
Australia

;)

Bjay said:
Tis common blackbird. Got heaps of them. Buggers just love berries of any kind. Occasionally they will peck at my tomatoes. Buggers at my place dont stay still long enough to take a shot.

Trap'em :power: :fistpump: I'll look for a link and send it to you :Y:

Not likely. But if ya want I can send you some. Youll have to pluck em though.

RM Outback said:
Hard Luck said:

Looks like a Indian minor, their creator is a very good keeper. Savage destructive and not worthy of any care in my opinion the more that are deposed of the better. Easy to trap so long as the trap is built right, they love the colour red. Once trapped leave it well alone and only attend it with the cover of darkness, they are as cunning as a fox. If you try to take charge during daylight hours the rest of the family will avoid the area where you place the trap, still in view but cunning to the point of avoiding the trap.

You are right about them loving the red colour. I also grow orange tomatoes and they don't touch those.

Doesnt matter the colour with berries though. If I dont net my blueberries soon enough , theyll be stripped in a day. The buggers are pretty smart and will find a way under the nets occasionally. I dont begrudge them a little feed occasionally though.

Latest posts