V8 Supercar race in Newcastle. This will be awesome.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't read it but I'm geussing that there'll be no more Holden and ford very soon , probly still will but not the iconic falcon vs commodore very sad that we can't manufacture in Aussie any more.

Fords already dumped the V8's in 2015 saying that they have more important racing interests. The Falcons might run again (or some of them) next year if the current drivers keep them in it. After that we'll probably only see a Ford V8 if someone has enough money to develop the Mustang for Australian Supercars & to keep evolving it with Fords blessing?
I think the Opel Insignia is replacing the Commodore at GMH & I'm pretty sure there's no V8 variant, although they were toying with it? Looks like V8 Ford vs Holden could be over at the least? :(
Apparently the new G2 Supercars rules will allow for turbocharged 4 & 6 cylinders?

Don't mean to shit ( ill say it as is) on your parade but it won't be the same. Nothing will ever best the iconic ford vs Holden battle , even though it hasn't really been that for years

My view on it is that it will be great for the city of Newcastle. World wide media exposure. It really is a brilliant place to live. Well I am about half hour out of town but close enough to enjoy all the benefits it has to offer.

Looking at that video clip it looks like there are no viewing areas on more than half the track, might get a bit congested on the areas that do have a view. Should come up well on TV, might watch it from home the first year and see how it goes.

Latest posts