Update on our grandson Thomas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news Rod. From my family to yours, we all wish young Thomas a speedy recovery and an permenant remission and a happy healthy life full of love

Cheers, Tone

Ram-jet, That's really good news to hear. Let Thomas know that we think he is the toughest guy on the planet. We wish him and your family all very best.

Life has a worth too valuable to measure.
Each day now is a living treasure

Keep fighting Thomas you are a living miracle

Hey mate, I am new to this club so I was unaware, of what you must have been going through. I give you all my best wishes and prayers, my little 3yr old was in hospital recently and the doctors and nurses there really do care and do a terrific job. I am sure it is the same down there so I am sure it will go without a hitch and positive thoughts coming your way

Ramjet said:
Once again I must thank you all for the positive comments and thoughts.
It is amazing to see Thomas bounce back from his treatment to being a 'normal' 4 year old. He is so full of energy.
We all hope that he will continue to grow and develop into the amazing young man we know he can be.

Hi Rod,

Just read through this whole topic thread ... I am sure it has been a tough journey, though recent months have seen such a great and joyous improvement!

My girlfriend was diagnosed with cancer in late 2012. Her treatment began with surgery. After a period of recovering from the surgery, her chemo treatment followed. By this time last year, she was completely bald -- and into her second recovery phase. Subsequently she underwent a full course of radiation therapy. Throughout the whole process, she remained positive and focused on a good end result. These days she is doing really well (all tests since then have been clear). Her once long straight hair is now shoulder length and quite curly -- like an early 80's perm :p (apparently this is common enough that they actually call it a 'chemo curl')

My own youngest boy is now 5 years old ... I gave him his name, which is actually Thomas :)

Although I've not yet met you, your grandson Thomas, nor his parents ... I can still say with surety that it must have been a tough journey!

I am so glad to hear that things are going so well this year!

Cheers,
Dave E :cool:

Yeah my friend also, though very lucky lady she is, got away with Surgery and Radiotherapy, that chemo is nasty and a very tough cure. All good so far nearly 2 years since the OP.

Such a nasty disease, always strikes when you least expect it.

A further update on Thomas for those who know of his trials. He has been out of treatment for 14 months!!!! His scans every 3 months have been clear and he now has scans every 4 months. Another 2 years with no relapse and he should be in the clear.
Interesting that he broke his arm a couple of months ago and even that was regarded by us all as a bit of a relief. It means he is living the life of a normal 5 year old. :D

Thomas at right with little sister Evie and cousin Liam in the middle.

1441931149_thomasevie.jpg

Great news Ramjet. Had to read back from the start since I haven't seen this post.
Thomas is obviously a fighter. You all must be quietly relieved, 14 months in remission is a really good sign.
I couldn't be any happier for you all, especially the little man himself. My youngest just turned 5 and I can imagine the want for Thomas to live a normal life. Swewin about his arm, but like you said. At least he's doin things 5 year old should be doing. Having fun and being adventurous.

All the best for the little man in the future mate.

Only just read about this, its such a horrific thing for anyone to go through, specially for such a young child. Its great to hear the outcome has been so positive & young Thomas is doing so well after all he has been through, I hope he has a great future.

Great news Rod, the young fella looks really well. Great that he's able to be a normal kid, hopefully his battle will just be a distant memory in the years to come. :)

Latest posts