Unknown Fork

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Another interesting find, I and another person couldnt find anything on this branded fork, identical design forks dates it to mid 1800's possibly??

Pretty sure its plated as it had a B stamped on it, and also the word L E W I S

1365410105_fork.jpg

Cheers

Looks like a spork (spoon + fork combo). I'll have a look online a little later and see what I can come up with.

Interesting, I think two prongs were broken off though Nugget. But look forward to what you find!

ANGRE7 said:
Interesting, I think two prongs were broken off though Nugget. But look forward to what you find!

Yep, I was more referring the non pronged end, it seems pretty broad kinda like a spoon or scoop.

ah okay dont think that end is spoon material, also has a raised pattern on that end. Im definitely thinking table fork

1369665140_100_3955.jpg

I found this spoon on the Heathcote goldfields. It looks of a similar style and age to your find. It is also stamped on the back. I do not think a photo of the back would be very clear as the spoon is very discoloured.The top stamp is a strange shape with a diamond shape inside it. Inside the diamond are the letters WP. The next design has a C stamped in it. The next two symbols are indistinct. The final symbol is a diamond with the letter P inside it. Unfortunately I struck it with the pick and it broke. I found the handle first and when I realised what it was, I went looking for the rest of it. My main purpose for detecting is to find gold but other interesting things turn up occasionally. I'm a new member and I just thought I would have a go at a post with a photo.

Cheers Bob.

Latest posts