Under Bonnet Air Compressor

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You would have plenty of places to fit one, its just a matter of finding the right place that suits You... Behind the seat could be an option for you if you don't want it in the rear tray or under bonnet... I don't know what yours is like for heat...

Lots on the Paj Forum im on advise not to fit one under the bonnet of a pajero as they like to run hot under the bonnet...

The heat under mine has killed 3 Batteries in 5yrs... :mad:

Now I have heat insulation around the Battery trays... And have fitted Diesel scoops in the grill to direct cool air to the rear of the engine bay through the bonnet... Just like on the diesel model Pajero's.... Soo much better... So far... :/

LW....

7.62marksman said:
Ok will have to look at the moment its behind the left headlight was the only place i had enough room
Might go back to the drawing board and have another look
Maybe even look at mounting it in one of the tool boxes

Subject to water splash in a deep crossing mounted there... Any room on the firewall? and as mentioned on opposite side to Turbo... Behind seats or rear tray somewhere is better... If you decide on a rear tool-box make sure you have the door open when in use.. They love cool air to run the best...

Some with Pajero's mount them with a bit of modification, inside the spare wheel mounted on the rear up high... But you don't have that option...

LW...

If you mount them where they can end up going under water all you have to do is mount the filters up High IE up behind the Cab between it and the tray and the compressor will work fine even under water, ARB Compressor have a remote filter kit available for them a bit like their Diff Breather kits, So all you have to do is unscrew the filter and run a Tube/Line from where the filter screws On and place the Remote Filter some place high up,

Juat ask your ARB dealer and he should know what bits you need,

Hope that helps,

J.

LoneWolf said:
But you will need lots of airflow when in use.... Do you have room behind the seat somewhere?.....
No no room as i am selling the statesman it will be my daily drive so unlike my last ones i have to keep the cap as standard as possible 8.(
So i am thinking of the tool box mounted under my hand held radios charging station
Will fit there no problems

Ridge Runner said:
If you mount them where they can end up going under water all you have to do is mount the filters up High IE up behind the Cab between it and the tray and the compressor will work fine even under water, ARB Compressor have a remote filter kit available for them a bit like their Diff Breather kits, So all you have to do is unscrew the filter and run a Tube/Line from where the filter screws On and place the Remote Filter some place high up,

Hope that helps,

J.
The problem i se is if water reaches that high the my caravan will be flooded :argh: :lol: then i will have a very big problem :8

7.62marksman said:
Ridge Runner said:

Hope that helps,

J.
The problem i se is if water reaches that high the my caravan will be flooded :argh: :lol: then i will have a very big problem :8

Well at leased you will be able to give it a Blow Dry with the ARB,, Women pay a fortune at the Hairdressers for that,, LOL, :playful: :playful: :playful: :playful: :flowers:

Um,
If the compressor is under water, I would
be a bit more worried about other things
than flat tire's.

When I use mine, I have the bonnet open any way.
With the motor idling.

Compressor is mounted right in front of the driver
in the back of the engine bay corner. That way it is
far enough back to stop any crap coming through
from the grill.

LoneWolf said:
Easy enough to make one with a few brass plumbing fittings and some hose.... Far better than paying the ARB tax.... :argh:

Or this one.... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1843961...MIyvaQ2tKe8QIVEnZgCh0jLQMhEAQYAiABEgIxZvD_BwE

Best compressor of them all is another Air-con compressor, but room on the engine can be difficult to find... I think Moneybox mentioned that before...

LW....

A lot of folks mount the filter/s up high on the firewall out of the way, Kits like that are a damn good idea and cheap enough Ay, :Y:

Tathradj said:
Um,
If the compressor is under water, I would
be a bit more worried about other things
than flat tire's.

When I use mine, I have the bonnet open any way.
With the motor idling.

Compressor is mounted right in front of the driver
in the back of the engine bay corner. That way it is
far enough back to stop any crap coming through
from the grill.

They are made to Military Spec so they can handle a beating, and they are a 100% rebuildable, :perfect:

"A lot of folks mount the filter/s up high on the firewall out of the way, Kits like that are a damn good idea and cheap enough Ay, thumbsup"

Just like diff breathers.... A good cheap preventive in water crossings....

I have water over my bonnet often.... :) as long as you don't stop, all is fine.... and a nice bow wave at the front...

LW...

Since I sold the 4b I was surprized how fast the single ARB is on the Van tyres I really have no use for the Portable twin compressor, I only ever used it once,

The single will take the Van tyres from 28psi to 36psi in about 5 or 10 seconds, Where as the Twin took 245/70/16s from 14psi to 26 psi in about 20 seconds and take a 37"x 12.5 x 17" tyre from about 15psi to 35psi in around under 90 seconds.

https://4wheelsandamotor.com/reviews/review-arb-twin-air-compressor-kit-ckmtp12/

LoneWolf said:
Want to sell it? :) ...

But postage would be a killer as they weigh a fair bit... :(

Bloody good unit tho...

LW...

It is impressive to watch it fill a completely flat 4b tyre, The single ain't no slouch either,

The Single is pressure limited to 100psi and puts out 87.2L/min and the Twin is @ 150psi and shuts off at around 170/180psi, having the tank is great if you want to run a blow gun for cleaning Air filters or anything dusty or smallish Air Tools, the Free Air delivery of the Twin is 6.16 CFM or 174L/min and it will handle 44"+ tyres all day, :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Here's the Specs on the whole of compressors ARB makes.

1623938369_arb_specs_20180414_092756.jpg

7.62marksman said:
Ridge Runner said:
You just gave me a brain explosion :8

You got the best model, Unless a person is running tyres bigger than 35" there isn't much point in buying the Twin unless it is for a Fleet of vehicles, I bought it because I wanted to see if the stories were true and yes it is pretty awesome but the model you have has sold in the millions and most of them are still going 10 or 15 years later and it has a 50% duty cycle, You can blow up a lot of tyres in 30 minutes so you done good, :Y:

Latest posts