Under Bonnet Air Compressor

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a portable compressor but I am looking for people that have fitted compressors in the engine bay and what unit you use also what PSI
Not sure if its possable but is there one that has enough grunt to reseal a tubeless tyre
Its for the BT50 so space is at a premium however i could mount it under the tray as there should be enough room there if it comes to that
Cost and a web site would help as well
Australia sites only please
Got bitten once before with buying overseas so wont do that again

7.62marksman said:
Tathradj said:
I also have the ARB High Volume Under Bonnet..

If you are worried about seating a bead, There are plenty
of safe tricks for that.
Yes i know the chain/rope trick had to do that once before just getting old and lazy these days lol
If you have the wheel off the vehicle Spin the wheel round So the Back is facing you , Hold the Tyre at the 10 and 2 O'clock positions and lean it away from you and kick the centre of the wheel as hard as you can and Once the Tyre is semi on the wide part of the inner rim, Gently push the Centre of the Front of the wheel towards the tyre and the Tyre should flex enough to seal the front bead and then it should start filling up,

Fitted 100K+ tyres in my time Ay.

Still got both my portable ARB's :heart: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: Bugga they are fast on the Van Tyres.

Hope than helps,

J.

I've just picked up an air-conditioning compressor and bought some 1/2" hose and fittings. I can have it running on a belt from the other AC compressor spare pulley and it will only connect when the pressure in the holding tank drops and automatically flicks the switch. This installation will go on Tonka (the big CAT) but if it goes as well as I think it will I might end up with one on the Isuzu as well. It has to have a holding tank to separate the lubricant and recirculate it. It should pump massive pressure and volume :) My tyres are 20.5"x25" and need a lot of air even though not a lot of pressure.

Need to check the duty cycle on the compressor, this dictates how long between cool downs, I have a an ARB CKMA12 in the twin setup but only because it's dealing with 8 tyres, and don't want an overnight stop every time I have to Airup, also use this: https://www.maxtrax.com.au/indeflate/ so everything is paired, makes life real easy.

Dihusky said:
Need to check the duty cycle on the compressor, this dictates how long between cool downs, I have a an ARB CKMA12 in the twin setup but only because it's dealing with 8 tyres, and don't want an overnight stop every time I have to Airup, also use this: https://www.maxtrax.com.au/indeflate/ so everything is paired, makes life real easy.

The portable twin is an awesome piece of kit,

Fitted this today

1623909672_img20210616111217.jpg

1623909689_img20210616111201.jpg

Cool, well done,

I added a couple of the Hose kits so I could Air up tyres on a Trailer if I needed, The extra hoses are worth having beit for a trailer or in case one hose breaks,

Enjoy your new toy, And it's Australian Made, :Y: :Y: :Y: :perfect:

Jaros said:
Let's hope you don't have to use it.

He needs to be seen Airing Up and Down just so the Mrs don't think he has been wasting Money,

Sneaking out at night and letting one of her Tyres down at night works a Treat when you rush out in the morning and blow it up for her, O:) :inlove: :inlove: :perfect: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts