Two Old blokes stuffing around in the bush

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hearing you W69,
Very similar situation with me this year.
Its better to be on the green side of the grass than to be looking at the roots.
Live your life while you have it.
So sorry for your losses.
Regards Steve.

stoyve said:
I'm hearing you W69,
Very similar situation with me this year.
Its better to be on the green side of the grass than to be looking at the roots.
Live your life while you have it.
So sorry for your losses.
Regards Steve.
Thanks Steve.

Ward69 and i went out to a couple of places about 40 miles apart with different landscapes.The first had all this coloured slate as well as quartz mixed with the clay. I don`t reckon i have seen slate in a redish/purple type colour before.I have never seen a all these variations in colour . Does the colour indicated anything in particular ? Just wondering.

1572160316_rock1.jpg

1572160346_rock2.jpg

1572160367_rock3.jpg

Ward69 got a little relic he will put up a pic of when he can and i got alot of iron junk like the end of a pick and a few bullet casings and iron spikes. I also got a small copper cap off something . No idea what it is from. Nothing special. After combing this area , we went somewhere else where the forest floor was undulating with plenty of shallow alluvial diggings and there was a heap of junk that got dug up. It was gravel and easy to dig. I got more iron and found this horseshoe at about 11 " down. Picked. it up with the `45 and located it with the pinpointer .This is the second horseshoe in 3 weeks. Still no gold , but we`ll get there.

1572160432_horse.jpg

1572160458_hhhhh.jpg

I marked our route on Trilobite. We covered a fair bit of ground ,but one day we will learn to walk straight. We were following the line of the creek next to us , so we have some sort of excuse for looking like we were lost.

1572160482_map1.jpg

Bet you didn`t know i could save that route and send it to my email , Mark . Trilobite is pretty good.

We aren`t getting much for our efforts ,but we are out there giving it a go.

Thanks for the day out , Mark.

FOZ

Nothing. On it. Came up dark thinking lead.

Any way another great day in the bush , part from two burnt out cars. And truck loads of rubbish been dumped out there, people at pigs , if we clean up after them. We need semi trailer. No wonder the bush will be locked up. I hate this shit. Sorry mods.

The chinese ones are tricky. So many different alloys were used. I've just soaked mine in water and used a toothbrush for fear of dissolving and destroying them.

Went out for about 3 hours this afternoon until it got too muggy and the mozzies started circling.I took the Infinium for a run and only had a rabbittrap setter and the pinpointer with me.Only looking for relics and found plenty of old iron and fence wire, A fire went through here about 12 years` ago, so the fence lines i usedto know have disappeared, The only thing of interest i found was what looks like the bucket thing you dip into a deep fryer ,but it is only about 3 " high . Found it upside down under the surface . The place i went to was over the road from my late mate`s place where he spent thousands of hours cutting wood and went fishing and hunting all sorts of other stuff and i used the detector he helped finance and the trap setter he gave me ,so i was walking over ground he walked for 63 years.

1572680936_bowl.jpg

So i don`t derail the friday night quiz, in response to 7.62 Marksman saying the law is made so layman folk like us have no idea what is going on , try getting your head around this one.
This is an article by Caleb Cluff from the Ballarat Courier on the trial of 13 men charged over the Eureka Rebellion. Just try deciphering this one sentence !!!

https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/6472821/would-the-eureka-accused-be-found-guilty-today/

All credits for the article are in the story linked above .

Good afternoon.

Glad he enjoyed it.

I had a week off work and it rained ,jailed and was windy the whole time. Hope your weather was a bit better.

just starting said:
Good afternoon.

Glad he enjoyed it.

I had a week off work and it rained ,jailed and was windy the whole time. Hope your weather was a bit better.

Perfect trip around 31 each day. Only rain one night. Back on deck. Wood tomorrow morning

It`s been 7 months since we have posted in this topic. Wish we had some pics to show you , but a few fly specks for 4 hours sluicing and panning is not what i call a good day.
The creek was high and it was hard to find a spot to get any material to feed the 2 sluices . I went for an unintentional swim after losing my footing while crossing the flowing creek with all my gear and slicing a finger in the process. Nothing too serious. We walk about a km up and down hills to our spot ,so the old legs got a workout. A good day for it , though. This is the first time we have been out since the restrictions and it is a welcome distraction from current events. I hope all you people who are unable to do the same will get the opportunity in the near future.

Latest posts