Trommel progress

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G0lddigg@ said:
Cool.. just out of interest mate seems really easy to knock one up in victoria and have it registered as home made.
True enough. If memory serves you get a free pass if it's under 300kg, no wider than the towing vehicle and less than 3200 long, but length will probably be the killer of that idea. It's not that much more effort or cost to go to what I would like it to be. I like to have a favor to call in up my sleeve, I have a few.

Well done bud for even getting the thing going and working!!

I envisaged that your material would hang around too long in the barrel, due to the angle....

Hey, you can put angled agi bars in there, increase water flow, change jet angles.... there's lots you can do to get it right!!

Shite, if we all got it perfect first time out.......we'd all be perfect!!

I thought you said when you left Doc's joint Saturday arvo you were going to stash it at your dads place :lol:
And you have caught gold already!!!! Awesome dude,
I noticed on "Gold Rush" Little Red" of the Hoffmans trommel has a one sided spray bar, probably for the same reasons we discussed.
Be cool homie, keep us updated as the big girl progresses, ;)

Hanging out for a friends day out :D

Haha I did. It's still there! Only came home briefly for a few hours of undercoating. If I can get my lads organized to cover mon I'll have a long weekend to attend to it. If I'm lucky I'll get to wash some more rocks.

I must have looked at a thousand different spray bar setups in the last few weeks. I'm not sure I'm any closer. Poor nephew got stuck in the line of fire while his frustrated uncle tried to fit some temporary ones, in an attempt to help out. No way to get around it a single support out of metal from the front seems the most likely scenario. I'm sure the invite will go out via pm.

Any progress on the spray bars GT, I'm adding another pump to my wash plant, discovered that I need volume on top of the pressure, the firefighting pump is doing a good enough job breaking clays but I need greater volume of water to push it through the pipe and into the sluice box, I'm guessing it will assist in keeping the sluice box clear as well, it's the flat smooth rocks that cause nightmares in blocking up the box :rolleyes:

I have three days ahead of me but Mrs GT insisted we move again. Only got a couple weeks up my sleeve before leaving so I can see the projects and the digging going on the back burner.

how long is the first un-screened section of the barrel and what size screen?

Sorry mate I didn't see this question. I haven't measured maybe 600 unscreened launder length wise. Screening down to 1/2 inch. Spent a couple hours today setting up the spray bars went from two inch delivery split into two 1 inch spray bars, fail, down to 2 inch to one 1 inch, fail, finally settling on 1 1/2 inch delivery into 3/4 spray bars.

The big rocks may belt the crapper out of it, so I've started mounting it with a spring tension which seemed to work really well, possibly might retro fit a guard. All in all I'm not too worried I have an amazing amount of this size stainless from the scrap days. Put in a flush t piece, and provision for a clean up/power jet hose. A custom Grizzly is now in order to keep the killer boulders out. Might even catch the first ounce by winter! !

Shovelled some dirt for safe keeping to round the day out, probably won't get out for a few weeks due to moving, hard times.

Hard times get better GT,... roll with the flow.

Cheers and Beers.
Silver.

Need to work out that you tube thing all the kids talk about one day make it a bit easier on everyone. Here watch this, and a link appears. To busy watching them to learn how to upload.

Goldtarget said:
Sorry mate I didn't see this question. I haven't measured maybe 600 unscreened launder length wise. Screening down to 1/2 inch. Spent a couple hours today setting up the spray bars went from two inch delivery split into two 1 inch spray bars, fail, down to 2 inch to one 1 inch, fail, finally settling on 1 1/2 inch delivery into 3/4 spray bars.

The big rocks may belt the crapper out of it, so I've started mounting it with a spring tension which seemed to work really well, possibly might retro fit a guard. All in all I'm not too worried I have an amazing amount of this size stainless from the scrap days. Put in a flush t piece, and provision for a clean up/power jet hose. A custom Grizzly is now in order to keep the killer boulders out. Might even catch the first ounce by winter! !

Shovelled some dirt for safe keeping to round the day out, probably won't get out for a few weeks due to moving, hard times.

kool...just grab a sample off the end of your sluice with a really fine seive when your feeding and running at the rate you want(wich im sure is pretty hard).

ive figured out some wicked barrel mods ok ;)

Goldtarget said:
Need to work out that you tube thing all the kids talk about one day make it a bit easier on everyone. Here watch this, and a link appears. To busy watching them to learn how to upload.

It takes a bit to figure out Goldtarget, when I did my vids the biggest problem I had was trying to resize them so it did not take 20 hrs to upload :|

Keep at it mate, we want to see the beast in action

Goldtarget said:

Create a Youtube account for yourself using an email address.....this gives you your own channel.

Sign in and you should see an 'upload' button at the top right of each page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlxqk0iHp5w

Once its uploaded, copy the URL, click the Youtube button at the top of the forum 'reply' page here, and paste the URL.....Bam!

MJB is right about the upload times which can be slow depending on your file size, but you will work it out!

Good Luck GT ;)

See the pa team to the rescue. Should search a you tube clip on how to upload you tube and tips. Waiting on the new computer to get serious.