Triton Ute diesel. 2013.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, my son having issues with this Ute. Is this second head gasket. Has anyone had issues with a triton Ute 2013 diesel 5 speed manual. Thanks Mark

Ward mines done around 180000 Kays and never had a problem with it. Apart from the usual manifold issues . Removed and cleaned and all good. Same year.

Not sure where you go from here, I would look at the service history of the vehicle and see what you can find out, contact Mitsubishi Motors Australia and see if it ever went through a recall process etc and see if you have any re course.

Search online for recalls by VIN
To see if a Mitsubishi vehicle has been recalled, you can conduct a search on the Mitsubishi Australia website using its VIN.

Manpa said:
Not sure where you go from here, I would look at the service history of the vehicle and see what you can find out, contact Mitsubishi Motors Australia and see if it ever went through a recall process etc and see if you have any re course.

Search online for recalls by VIN
To see if a Mitsubishi vehicle has been recalled, you can conduct a search on the Mitsubishi Australia website using its VIN.

Thanks mate. Took me a hour to fine the VIN Back right hand side under wheel
Got on the website. No recalls. Spent another few hours going though the complaints about it. Simplistic getting it fix and retrain my son on how to drive again. Bloody 19 year olds. Think they can go anywhere why driving a 4x4

Common issue for 4D56 and complicated further by head having ceramic inserts can't be surfaced. If head wasn't true when last gasket replaced would explain failure again in short time span.
4D56 also has very low tolerance to over heat conditions. Cooling system needs to be maintained meticulously

Hi Guys. Update on Sons Ute. Completely stuff the motor. Needs a new one. Current asking price is $6,600 and cost to put it in, Nathan paid $20k for it. Thinking to fogging it off for scap and start again. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Mark

Hard Luck said:
Have you tried going back to the parent company?
Tried, car to old. Out of warranty. Talking to the x about it. Most likely going place a new motor in. And hope for best Its alreay cost me 12k. So another $10k will only put my retirement to Manila on hold for another 6 months.

Latest posts