Prospecting / Gold detecting tours & training Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just wondering if i can get training day on an old minelab3000 or do they insist on newish machines?

The guy that ran the training day runs a 3500 and I don't know if he is doing any more training days you would have to ask him

nicko61 said:
just wondering if i can get training day on an old minelab3000 or do they insist on newish machines?

PM Phase Tech you never know he could be in the neighbourhood and do a 1 on 1 with you. Only suggesting Phase Tech because of the effort he has put in for the forum punters. Other than that make contact with a trainer in your location and see how you go.

Hello all
I know this has been said by others but I also would like to thank Tim (minelab-gold) for giving up his time and all his efforts putting together the training day,it was good to make some new like minded friends and it was a good day had by all and I learnt heaps.
Regards
Graeme

Thanks Graeme,

Was a great day in all - weather held up just perfect for us. The hardest thing to do is drill in information in one area and explain certain grounds based on what we have in front of us on the day. Trying to get the perfect grounds to show points of interest with reef, hills, gullies, mullocks, workings etc and then the big part in getting the most valuable information from over 12 years in the fields and getting the information to stick in a 6 hour group day can be quite challenging. I guess thats why providing you guys with my personal literature and documents on the day can also help to speed up ones learning curve and also help to read the grounds prior to swinging.

All the best and hopefully we can arrange a normal full detecting day or weekend

Thanks RCGold,

Was a great day - weather held up just perfect and the mozzies appeared to leave us all alone that day until late arvo, as for other days in the fields we will have to arrange a day away for full detecting days or weekends.

The hardest thing to do is drill in information in one area and explain certain grounds based on what we have in front of us on the day. Trying to get the perfect grounds to show points of interest with reef, hills, gullies, mullocks, workings etc and then the big part in getting the most valuable information from over 12 years in the fields and getting the information to stick in a 6 hour group day can be quite challenging. I guess thats why providing you guys with my personal literature and documents on the day can also help to speed up ones learning curve and also help to read the grounds prior to swinging.

All the best and thanks for writing a thread regarding the day out.

Hi Pete,

Again thanks for writing this thread and showing your appreciation on the day with the gift, It was a great day weather was nice and the mozzies stayed away.

As for the group day I guess the most challenging was to try to structure the day so you guys could get the most valuable information from my experiences and findings in prospecting over the last 12+ years in only a 6 hour group day. Also finding grounds which have all the benefits to help read certain grounds all in one area was also another challenge, because what you see in your gold fields the grounds can be completely different in another area not far from your main grounds. The basics of gold deposits is usually the same though reef into alluvial deposit - but the key is definitely ground thickness and reading the contours and the flow for alluvial

Also with the personal literature that I provided to you all can inspire and empower those new and also those veteran prospectors, it was designed to help inspire and get perfect mindset every day and also to help ones learning curve be excelled faster than trying to do it all yourself.

All the best - talk soon - regards M.G

Hi everyone, I am from Canada and will be heading to Melbourne for the month of October. I do some detecting around here using Fisher Gold Bug and a Minelab 3500 and would love to try and find some of that famous Aussie gold. Can anyone recommend a gold detecting tour/guide, looking for one to three days. I have cast around the web a bit found lots of old sites, some newer ones but nothing with Oct dates. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the "tour operators" are doing tours in Western Australia at the moment (only time it's cool over there) and will be heading home around September (getting an answer from them now can be an issue .. little phone coverage).
I'll have a snoop and post some info in the next day or so.
What's your 'prospecting' experience in Canada ... saw mainly sluicing, very little use of detectors?
Cheers Tom

Hey DDC, the above info is all good.
There's also many of us that meet up and go out to the Golden Triangle (not far from Melbourne ~2 to 2.5 hours from Melb) during the weekends (and some during the week). It's a huge area, covered by historic Gold towns. Some camp and some stay in motel rooms (around $90 per night).
Most of us met by being members on this forum. I've met around 30 or so, and many I now consider great friends - on the goldfields, but not sure of at the town dance :D
Arranging to meet with some on these outings could be good value for you, with good tips on ground types, mineralisation, past workings, vegetation types to look for etc etc. They may even have transport. Watching the bush telly whilst telling despicable gold detecting lies with a good red is always entertaining
The ground there is generally heavily mineralised (iron), so not sure how a VLF machine will fare, but the 3500 will be a killer with the right coil and operator.
October will be heating up (a little), so camping may be the go, although as a Canuck you're probably well seasoned. ;)
We've all been well supported by others from this forum, so it'd be like "paying it forward" for many of us.
Best of fortune on your travels, and stay in touch.

Hello Dirtdigger Canada
i did a 7 day tag along tour with gold and relics from victoria top bloke that runs the show experience plus and he does one on one tours which might be the go for you, all I can say is most of his clients find gold

Hi All,

As a birthday present, my wife got me a day metal detecting with a tour opperator, likely in creswick in the GT.

Just wondering if anyones done one of these before? They supply either a SDC or a 4500 I think, really just want peoples opinion. I've hoping to find some gold with their help, or at least become more familiar with the signs of gold nearby.

So what do you guys reckon?

Was not really thinking about the tour operators, more what i should be asking/doing. any tips for getting the most out of it?

Also cos they have there own machines, which would be more similar to the F1A4? I'm thinking the SDC, but not sure.

Hi everyone.

Has anyone here been on a prospecting tour in VIC and doesn't mind giving a short testimonial about it?
Hard to decide between an all inclusive overnight tour like Golden Triangle or a day with personal trainers like GPA.

Cheers.

Latest posts