TRAINING AIDS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the site . I've only been detecting about 4 times (WA, Vic, QLD ) but wish to broaden my knowledge. I was thinking about buying the jack lange DVDS in particular 4 and 5 nuggets secrets. Any thoughts on these Vid's or am I wasting money?
I have in my arsenal a few old basic books and the best thing I have is the Gold and Ghosts WA and both QLD volumes. Spewing I didn't Get the NSW one now.
I did OK in WA with 6 small nuggets and 2 in Victoria . I had an Extreme but looking at getting a new 5000 shortly. Any training aids that anyone can reccommend to assist in broadening my knowledge would be appreciated .
The big question, do I bite the bullet and get the 5000 now or wait until xmas for a possible new model?
CHEERS :)

Welcome to the forum. Have a look on the metal detector heading for a bit more info but I believe Minelab have said that there will not be a new detector out this year. Make sure you get one from a reputable source as there are a few fakes getting around at the moment. Check the serial number with Minelab if you are looking at a second hand one.

Regards

Richard

Welcome to the forum Greeny, When you get the 5000 it will come with a free Detecting Day lesson as part of the Minelab Club. You will find that at these lessons there is usually a lot of one on one, with a guy who knows the ropes. Pick his brains on the standard stuff and write as much as you can down. Get him to explain all the modes (including Cancel) and how they vary when changing Coil size.

There's a lot of vids out there that are only good for wetting your appetite ( JP's & JL's included ) and what they show that's actually instructional, can be seen just as easily on You Tube for free. Through the forum I'm sure you will find a fellow 5000 user in your area, and hooking up for a detect or two with a local is by far the best lesson you will ever get. I doubt there will be an update to the 5000 in the next 12 months. Best of luck,

Cheers Wal.

Latest posts