Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The koala looks pretty shocked at the mower damage to the sixpence, maybe it was a close call for him too. Nice haul :perfect:

Today I thought I would get the coin machine out and visit a few of the local parks and burn a few hours of daylight
Finally got the pinpointer fixed (thanks Nenad) a little while ago and this was a good day to give it a test run.
Hit the first park and spent an hour digging bottle caps and ring pulls..nomproblem..
Drove a couple of ks to another local park and tried my luck again..
Wow first target was so feint I could barely hear it ..even the pinpointer needed to be pressed into the ground to pick up a signel..
Carefully dug out a plug and checked the hole with the pinpointer ..still in there ..at first Inthought it was another piece of junk ..
Took another spade full of dirt out of the hole and tried again..nice signal this time the pinpoiter was chirping away nicely ..
Got my hands in the hole this time and scrapped out some dirt with my fingers, then ran the pinpointer over the dirt in my hand..
Was I shocked to see this apear .. :inlove:
1535784146_image.jpg

My Very first pre decimal coin and its a 1901-1951 Florin :party:
You would have thought I won a jackpot Inwas grinning from ear to ear .. :lol:
Found a $2 coldie and ring tail possum 1cent piece as well..
Wooot wooot ]:D

Am yet to find one of those florins in the dirt, well done on a nice find. Also might pay to set up a separate thread for further finds rather than posting in Silver's, cheers.

nucopia said:
Sorry Silver ..
in my excitement to post a picture of my find today, I never realised I had posted in your personal thread..
I thought it was a generic "look what I found thread"..
:eek:
All good mate... top find that one, looks like it was dropped new. :p
And... you can post in my thread any time you need too hey ! :Y:
:power: :cool: :Y:

:inlove: :flowers:
silver said:
nucopia said:
Sorry Silver ..
in my excitement to post a picture of my find today, I never realised I had posted in your personal thread..
I thought it was a generic "look what I found thread"..
:eek:
All good mate... top find that one, looks like it was dropped new. :p
And... you can post in my thread any time you need too hey ! :Y:
:power: :cool: :Y:

Latest posts