today's find with my gofind 60

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greenhornet_au said:
Oh Capa, mate you need to send that to me, I collect chopped coins.

You could buy a kids plastic spade and convert that to a Plug Digga !
Less damaged coins LOL :Y: :D

I know you collect them. That is why I might be collecting as well :D :D :D

Another hunt with my new old English Metal detector C.Scope CS4ZX! I went my local park at lunch time and found following. I am really liking this analogue detector! Yep I dug many many ring pulls but I just love the simplicity!
I think that park is almost empty :( :( :(
1495065304_img_20170517_124419.jpg

1495065304_img_20170517_130220.jpg

1495065304_img_20170517_134359.jpg

1495065305_img_20170517_134939.jpg

1495065305_img_20170517_135153.jpg

The coppers are still in great condition, probably worth a few more hunts yet if still getting larger coins - it's the lack of smaller and deeper silvers that usually has me thinking there is not much left in the ground. Good think about the old detectors is that they force you to learn what the tones are telling you, no numbers to procrastinate over or fancy discrimination patterns to do the work for you. ;)

golddiggerart said:
Very nice finds Capa, would be very surprised if that park is empty, more than likely there are deeper targets, I could always come up your way for a dig with you using the 505, and 705. :) :Y:
Yes you are welcome come and dig, I am keen to see better machine can pick up What I missed. :Y: :Y: :Y:

Thanks all! There are many area I have not especially inside walking circuit of park, however lady passing by mentioned people are falling over because I made holes. Yes of course I closed the holes best I can but ground under the grass is mainly sand and once disturbed, it becomes very soft until grass grows over it...
I know, I will not run the detector where I previously done so, It will be ok by the end of winter. But I said to the lady, I won`t do inside circle anymore. I thought I should respect local, I do`nt live around there.

One other thing, I hate people not picking up messes made my their pets! I saw so many of them near the target but I still had to dig! :N: :N: :N: I probably stepped on so many of them O:)

caparobertsan said:
Thanks all! There are many area I have not especially inside walking circuit of park, however lady passing by mentioned people are falling over because I made holes. Yes of course I closed the holes best I can but ground under the grass is mainly sand and once disturbed, it becomes very soft until grass grows over it...
I know, I will not run the detector where I previously done so, It will be ok by the end of winter. But I said to the lady, I won`t do inside circle anymore. I thought I should respect local, I do`nt live around there.

One other thing, I hate people not picking up messes made my their pets! I saw so many of them near the target but I still had to dig! :N: :N: :N: I probably stepped on so many of them O:)
Dog sh!t & prickles Capa, that's just our lot in life as detectorists mate ]:D

silver said:
caparobertsan said:

Dog sh!t & prickles Capa, that's just our lot in life as detectorists mate ]:D
Yeah, I have a fear of them. When I was young, I was playing at park. And I was walking home, bad smell was following me. I did not realized that it was me smelling like that. My lower arm was covered by them,,,, :N: :N: :N: O:) Next day I had rash,,,,,

numpty said:
good condition roo penny, dont complain i got 25c for a 2 hour hunt last week and the 2hrs hunt before that i found 20c :lol:
When I'm looking for PD's sometimes I go home with a pocket full of BB's :mad: :lol: :rolleyes:

Latest posts