Today my * finally karked it

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matturbo said:
Thanks gents, yeah I left her so we could stay close friends, otherwise it would end up messy. I'm ok, just getting a bit lonely after moving bush by myself.
Been there many decades ago myself mate, best advise i can give is to stay busy. Good luck :)

SCROUNGER said:
G0lddigg@ said:
As things die sometimes you have to let them go. This old bilge pump has been with me for 4 years its been rewired many times and its had a hard life. Today she fired her last twirl and let go. Rip old girl
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/357/1453875304_20160127_163446.jpg

Feel free to share your pain as your tools give up... i bet theres some crackers out there
Mate, i'm mortified. I can't believe your tool has finally given up the ghost 8.(

Reminds me of the time nana told grandfather that his fly was undone. "Don't worry," he said, "the dead bird doesn't leave the nest."

get a dog mate.. best friend.. :)
Matturbo said:
Thanks gents, yeah I left her so we could stay close friends, otherwise it would end up messy. I'm ok, just getting a bit lonely after moving bush by myself.

Sorry for your loss GD :/

Check out Johnson bilge pumps.
I got two - very happy with them - easy to clean the impeller if it gets clogged.

*they are expensive compared to some eBay pumps tho...

GaryO said:
Bjay said:
The offending thong.https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5449/1453891074_image.jpg
She'll be right , just duct tape it to your foot before you go out ;)
Apparently I overexagerated a bit the boss tells me I only had em for 9 years. My feet are probly a bit hairy for the old duct tape fix

Tathradj said:
Bilge pumps built like Johnson are a life dependent device.
But nothing beats a frightened mariner with a bucket. :lol:

Exactly mate and im sure the many many many times shes been sucking up gunk and hamering away battery after battery shes done oretty darn good. I swapped over to the 3500gph and shes doing the job just fine

Latest posts