Today Is

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today Is October 17, International Day for the Eradication Of Poverty 🌏. I don't know who's in charge, but he ain't doing a very good job. The Rich Get Richer And The Poor Get Poorer.

Today Is October 24, United Nations Day 🌐 To quote John Lennon "Imagine all the people, Livin life in peace. Imagine all the people, Sharing all the world." I guess we're all dreamers, thinking that the powerful nations of the world could ever unite to bring peace to the world. Greed and power will always be number one unfortunately.

Today Is November 25, International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. - There have been calls for a Royal Commission in to the appalling rate of murders of women by their current or ex-partners here in South Australia and I totally support those calls. Whatever the authorities are doing at the moment is not working.

It’s rife throughout this country mate and everyday you hear of another woman slain or left incapacitated for life by the hands of a partner, ex or friend. We, as little boys, were brought up to respect women and girls but it seems those rules were thrown out long ago with other forms of respect for the elderly, Police, Doctors and Nurses etc. etc.
Don’t know if it can be fixed just like you can’t fix child crime rates.

Today Is November 25, International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women. - There have been calls for a Royal Commission in to the appalling rate of murders of women by their current or ex-partners here in South Australia and I totally support those calls. Whatever the authorities are doing at the moment is not working.

There's been a big patch of time since we were kids in a pretty clean living environment. I grew up amongst family and friends that rarely smoked or drank and drugs were only ever heard off but certainly never seen. I was well into my 20's when a shady friend showed me her little secretive stash of Marijuana seeds, the only non-prescription drugs I'd ever seen.

These troublesome adults are the left over from those wild years of drug and alcohol enjoyment through the 80's and 90's. I often wondered what sort of society we'd be living in when those sometimes promiscuous troubled kids became adults and parents. Now it's just a whole new ballgame where some have grown up with drugs alcohol and violence as the norm. Add to that the usual financial pressures and some just can't cope as sane people should.

Most parents aren't what parents used to be. Our parents knew where we were and what we were doing even when we were playing up because some other responsible adults would report on our location and behaviour. I don't think there's an easy fix now that society has degraded to its current standard.

Latest posts